AMG exhaust on my C270CDI

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
If I fit an AMG exhaust I will have to cut the rear valance? Is there some sort of "shield" for the cut out?

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Can you fit an AMG system to a 270cdi engine? It's a 5 cylinder turbo diesel, not something AMG played with surely. The closest you'd get would be the one from the 320 petrol V6 so manifold positions would be way out. I'd doubt anything would fit without a serious amount of modification, at which point sensors will be in the wrong position and running will be off surely?
Yes, I'd imagine you'd need to modify the rear bumper, there are cutouts on the AMG bumpers.
But I really wouldn't bother. You'll get grief from the insurance co and it'll be horribly noisy, but here'll be no performance gain. Much better with a chip.

A210AMG

Reaction score
Hello,

I would guess you just mean the back box for the 'look' in which case it would probably need a cut. Get your local body shop to do it and it should be neat and relatively inexpensive.

OP
whitenemesis

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Can you fit an AMG system to a 270cdi engine? It's a 5 cylinder turbo diesel, not something AMG played with surely. The closest you'd get would be the one from the 320 petrol V6 so manifold positions would be way out. I'd doubt anything would fit without a serious amount of modification, at which point sensors will be in the wrong position and running will be off surely?
Yes, I'd imagine you'd need to modify the rear bumper, there are cutouts on the AMG bumpers.
But I really wouldn't bother. You'll get grief from the insurance co and it'll be horribly noisy, but here'll be no performance gain. Much better with a chip.

It's listed as an official retrofit, full system! Well from after the 2nd Cat. Would it be horribly noisy? I haven't heard a "noisy" MB, even the performance models seem quite restrained! If there is no performance gain (which I had guessed would be the case) why would the insurance companies bother?

It would be nice to have a "proper" exhaust rather than the partly hidden chrome tips I currently have (It is an MB "Sport" system, part of the Sports pack option)

I've been looking at chips. Brabus don't support engines over 18mths old and any other would invalidate my warranty?

Top Bottom