AMG insurance

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
I'm 26, CLS63, 7 years NCB, I'm paying £320 with Admiral... part of their multicar scheme.

Pretty good I reckon.

Full comp or TPFT?

Mickyflintsc63

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63
I'm looking at a C63 with PPP+ and carbon pack and trying to insure it is proving difficult even thought it is just options to the car as new from Mercedes I could understand it if it was aftermarket stuff but it's not all mercedes AMG approved bits so it would be nice for one insurance company to understand a PPP KIT on C63. I'm hoping after reading on here Chris knots will come back to me with a sensible quote as I'm 41 now WITH 8 years no claim bonus but did have a theft claim last year on a RS focus but the car was recovered with in 4 miles with the security I had fitted to the vehical.
If not I will have to find a C63 with out PPP as they seem to have no problems quoting me on one with out PPP.
FINGERS CROSSED WITH CHRIS KNOTS TOMORROW.
but I am concerned as even they have taken since Thursday to get back to me.
Mike

OP
Rotorhead500

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
I wish you luck Mike, but don't hold your breath.

Had my CLS insured with them, so was a known quantity; when I started looking in to C63s they gave me a generic quote on a 12MY car, no Perf Pack, just a standard C63.

Found a car, bought it, and then they apparently "don't like that car" - a C63 with AMG Perf Pack, which as you say is all factory fit. No reasons why, no adverse comments about the PP, just seeing them flash up their advert every couple of weeks, which I note specifically mentions modified & performance cars!

Just not ones made by Mercedes, apparently! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DSB SL AMG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300SL (R129 1992 Pre-Facelift), Volvo V70 D5 SE Auto
Always used Adrian Flux for all my MB's and high performance stuff...I always check each year with comparison sites to ensure I am getting the best quote from them...

OP
Rotorhead500

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
They didn't want to know either. Bizarre as they insured my S2000 and a Golf R32 prior to this.

Mickyflintsc63

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63
Insurance

In the end Chris knotts managed to be my best quote with all factory options covered including the Performance pack and carbon packs even down to the privacy glass and other options you don't thinks about when insuring a car. All in cost me £1079 with Chris knott which is more than £700 more than the cheapest comparison site quote but when ringing them even if you have privacy glass from factory they would not insure the vehicle and as for a performance pack the quote were beyond real. And I'm 41 with 8 years no claims bonus and owner 2 other vehicles this car has already made me feel like a teenager again and I've not even picked it up yet but on my way and can not wait because she is stunning and I'm sure it's going to be worth every penny.

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Just a matter of interest, as it's not due for a few months yet, but do you insure modified cars?

Just that I will be shopping about soon and would like to give a sponsor a chance to quote.

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Ah well, out on the horsepower thing by quite a bit unfortunately. :(

Thanks anyway. :)

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom