Anti-freeze change.

A Brace

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
250 CGI and a C180 sports coupe
Hi guys, contemplating changing my anti-freeze but when looking under the bonnet I have noticed that the standard hoseclips are no more. Could someone tell me please is there a special tool I need to remove the hoses? Another thing is do I really need to top up with distilled water and not tap water? The car is a C250cgi year 2010

Last edited:

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Is there a drain tap on the bottom of the radiator :oops:
As for tap water, it really depends on how hard your local water is. If it's a hard water area, I wouldn't (see bottom of your kettle ;)). If you have nice soft water directly from The Lakes, like bus, then I'd use corporation pop (tap water :D)

OP
A

A Brace

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
250 CGI and a C180 sports coupe
Is there a drain tap on the bottom of the radiator :oops:
As for tap water, it really depends on how hard your local water is. If it's a hard water area, I wouldn't (see bottom of your kettle ;)). If you have nice soft water directly from The Lakes, like bus, then I'd use corporation pop (tap water :D)
thanks for the quick reply.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom