Any F1 fans

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
That's the point he couldn't ....while Vettel was carving his way through the pack from p18 The Hammer was struggling for half the race to pass Sainz :rolleyes:

No, the point was being made about Bottas being able to pass easily...under blue flags, not the same at all.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
No, the point was being made about Bottas being able to pass easily...under blue flags, not the same at all.

When Vet passed ALO for the place Brundle said "like taking candy from a baby" it was that easy

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
When Vet passed ALO for the place Brundle said "like taking candy from a baby" it was that easy

Again...this is not Bottas who was mentioned above as passing another driver more easily than Ham. The point was being made that if Bottas could do it easily (under blues) why couldn't Ham.

A 4 times World Champion is allowed to whinge...Vettel does it too.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hamilton won the Championship for the 4th time...the best ever for a Brit...I'm amazed anyone tries to knock that

Not knocking the achievement BUT he is a whinger and some of the stuff he says is odd, he is a strange character at times and when something doesn't go to plan he whinges as does VET.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Again...this is not Bottas who was mentioned above as passing another driver more easily than Ham. The point was being made that if Bottas could do it easily (under blues) why couldn't Ham

Was just making another point about overtaking nothing more, HAM didn't seem to be able to get close enough coming out of the final corner to pass, you could see him dropping back in the last section with understeer

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
FIA and Formula 1 set out clear direction for 2021 F1 power units

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...t-clear-direction-for-2021-f1-power-unit.html

The key features of the proposals presented to manufacturer representatives at Tuesday's meeting:
  • 1.6 Litre, V6 Turbo Hybrid
  • 3000rpm higher engine running speed range to improve the sound
  • Prescriptive internal design parameters to restrict development costs and discourage extreme designs and running conditions
  • Removal of the MGUH
  • More powerful MGUK with focus on manual driver deployment in race together with option to save up energy over several laps to give a driver controlled tactical element to racing
  • Single turbo with dimensional constraints and weight limits
  • Standard energy store and control electronics
  • High Level of external prescriptive design to give ‘Plug-And-Play’ engine/chassis/transmission swap capability
  • Intention to investigate tighter fuel regulations and limits on number of fuels used

Westheath

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Empty garage, awaiting new toy :)
Was just making another point about overtaking nothing more, HAM didn't seem to be able to get close enough coming out of the final corner to pass, you could see him dropping back in the last section with understeer

Damage to the rear under tray spoiler apparently.

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
^^^^
no surprise there really

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Wonder how long his retirement will be this time? At least his last one lasted longer than his world title! :p

In other news it appears Ferrari, Mercedes and Renault are all against to the new engine proposals.

Ferrari have spat their dummy and stamped their feet as always and threatened to quit. :rolleyes:

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
I am hoping that Robert Kubica gets the seat at Williams to replace Massa.
But for that awful accident rally driving, he was a potential World Champion given a good car.

Felipe Massa has been a decent F1 driver, but not blindingly quick. He took his loss of the title on the last corner of the last lap to Hamilton with dignity and I think he has a lot of respect within the paddock. But its time to go and even he would admit coming back to help Williams this season was a mistake.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I too would love to see Robert Kubica get the Renault seat but we must be mindful of the limitations in his right arm since his accident which may affect the decision made by Renault

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
I too would love to see Robert Kubica get the Renault seat but we must be mindful of the limitations in his right arm since his accident which may affect the decision made by Renault

Renault have made their decision on next seasons line up. Carlos Sainz and Nico Hulkenberg. Kubica was given tests but Renault decided against him because of the reasons you mention.
However,I read that Williams seem more promising and are leaning toward hiring him. Seems its between him and Kyvat for the seat and Di Resta continuing as test driver.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Kubica was given tests but Renault decided against him because of the reasons you mention.
However,I read that Williams seem more promising and are leaning toward hiring him. Seems its between him and Kyvat for the seat and Di Resta continuing as test driver.

I don't think Kvyat has a hope in hell of the seat, it will be between Di Resta and Kubica, I think MB may push for Di Resta as he is one of theirs

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Wonder how long his retirement will be this time? At least his last one lasted longer than his world title! :p

He will do some LeMans type stuff

In other news it appears Ferrari, Mercedes and Renault are all against to the new engine proposals.

Funny that!!!!

Ferrari have spat their dummy and stamped their feet as always and threatened to quit. :rolleyes:

No great surprise as they seem to think they are F1

MalcQV

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLA200
He will do some LeMans type stuff

Funny that!!!!

No great surprise as they seem to think they are F1
Sergio is not like any Enzo or Luca. He has more of an interest in business than racing. If racing is not providing business for them (and today they do not need F1 as it provides them with little. Ferrari sales have increased despite not winning a WDC or Constructors since 2007) then he will leave.
Whether you like Ferrari or not if you think it won't matter then you seriously need to step back.
I'm not saying F1 will fail without them but it will lose an awful lot of money without them despite their golden pots of money received.

As Ferrari's no 1 fan :p I only watch F1 because of Ferrari (I don't think I'm on my own with this). Today there is more fun in it off the track than on. If nothing else it will mean I won't even have to FF through most of it and I won't feel the need to give Sky anymore more money than I do in 2019 (or whenever it is exclusively PPV). I might even get those DIY jobs done :eek:

Jasandjules

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Estate (s205)
Does anyone know when Williams will announce their driver next season? I am hoping it is Kubica from a "he's fast as feck" point of view but at the same time Di Resta would at least stop him whining on Sky F1...........

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Does anyone know when Williams will announce their driver next season? I am hoping it is Kubica from a "he's fast as feck" point of view but at the same time Di Resta would at least stop him whining on Sky F1...........

Be the same day Massa announces he’s coming back from retirement.... :p

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Don't forget Pascal Wehrlein is also a Merc driver and is also in the mix. He is young though, but if PDR stays as reserve driver, he could fulfill any alcohol commitments/advertising for the title sponsor

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom