Any F1 fans

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
And halos to look forward to next year....

Cristian Horner said he wants to put a "ticker tape" display on the RB Halo to message the driver infront

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Several tracks are. Sadly usually the ones that have the money to keep going........
Probably Hermann Tilke designed circuits then ? They are all pretty boring :rolleyes:

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
I remember the drivers being asked about it in 2009 and none were complementary. Kimi was succinct calling it sh*t!
You'd think the FIA would listen to the drivers once in a while.

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
Liked toto and martin going on about engine size. Toto wants to keep the 1.6l turbos and Martin the V8s for 2021. With Martin saying Mercedes push out V8s with a 63 badge and Toto saying the 1.6 will leave the V8s and V10s from the past standing.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Liked toto and martin going on about engine size. Toto wants to keep the 1.6l turbos and Martin the V8s for 2021. With Martin saying Mercedes push out V8s with a 63 badge and Toto saying the 1.6 will leave the V8s and V10s from the past standing.

V8 Twin Turbo :cool:

Jasandjules

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Estate (s205)

Toto is not wrong, I seem to recall Brundle driving the 2015 Merc and saying he's never felt power like it etc................

corradoman

Reaction score
who`s getting the williams seat i wonder, kubica or pdr? i think kubica as sponser money will be greater, pdr was quicker so rob smedley said

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Perhaps sort the cars out rather than the tracks so they can follow closer and overtake?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Perhaps sort the cars out rather than the tracks so they can follow closer and overtake?

I think Ross Brawn is already on it, Martin Brundle said the next generation of cars look amazing and are designed for close racing

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
who`s getting the williams seat i wonder, kubica or pdr? i think kubica as sponser money will be greater, pdr was quicker so rob smedley said

Robert Kubica is having another test in Abu Dhabi this week but I read that the FIA want to ensure themselves he is physically fit enough to be allowed back. With resticted use in his right arm still he remains a doubt. I'd love it personally if he got the drive.

I think a relative unknown has more chance than Di Resta of getting the seat. Even Kvyat has more chance.

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Kubica did 100 laps yesterday, they are really pushing for him. PDR was quicker in their fist test a few months ago. I don't really rate PDR but it's amazing they don't have a top drier wanting the seat. Jenson Button would have fitted the bill perfectly.

I do feel for PDR though, being their test driver and not being able to get in the car

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Kubica did 100 laps yesterday, they are really pushing for him. PDR was quicker in their first test a few months ago.

He has to know if his arm can handle the stress, I can see getting out with the halo being a problem

I don't really rate PDR but it's amazing they don't have a top drier wanting the seat. Jenson Button would have fitted the bill perfectly.

I like PDR, think he is underrated, he matched Hulk when they were at Force India.

JB is done with F1, he is off to endurance racing for next year IMO

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
He has to know if his arm can handle the stress, I can see getting out with the halo being a problem

I like PDR, think he is underrated, he matched Hulk when they were at Force India.

JB is done with F1, he is off to endurance racing for next year IMO

I don't dislike PDR but I never though of him as a top driver. I guess he has the relevant skills, maybe would have been up there had he still been driving.

I think the second thing holding up Kubica is his insurance. He was paid out after his accident and now they would have to work out what he pays back.

Jasandjules

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Estate (s205)
To be fair even if he misses a race at some stage during the season it will be one of the most amazing comebacks in F1. And Williams will get quite a bit of publicity from it, which I suspect would also benefit them. And a cracking driver too...

Jasandjules

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Estate (s205)
I read he completed double the Abu Dhabi race distance in practice the other day.. Of course, what he needs to be able to do is that on three consecutive days to be more than a race weekend, then be able to do it all again in 5 days.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom