Any F1 fans

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
As much as I'd like to see Lewis in a Ferrari, I don't think it will ever happen, there's to much in the way.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
I’m not sure there is too much in the way.

Assuming he continues to perform as he is now until his Merc Contract is up then I think Ferrari would be foolish to turn him down if they had the chance to sign him.

It could be a ploy by Lewis though to milk Ferrari for a lucrative contract and then drive like Massa and be a mobile chicane. :D

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Kimi off to Sauber.

Leclerc to Ferrari.
It's good that Kimi stays in F1. Not sure what he expects from Sauber, apart from a nice cheque. Good move for Leclerc, maybe he'll be the primary driver at some point.

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
As much as I wanted Kimi to stay, I hope it works for LeClerc otherwise Ferrari will spit him out and could damage his career

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
I’m not sure there is too much in the way.

Assuming he continues to perform as he is now until his Merc Contract is up then I think Ferrari would be foolish to turn him down if they had the chance to sign him.

It could be a ploy by Lewis though to milk Ferrari for a lucrative contract and then drive like Massa and be a mobile chicane. :D

As long as SV is at Ferrari, LH won't get a look in. Seb wants No 1 status (rightly so) and a yes man to toe the line and help him win titles. LH isn't that man.
And..............he knows LH would beat him with the same equipment. He won't have that.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Trouble, after seeing him on Top Gear years ago, and various other interviews... I actually like Vettel!

Out of the car, he is a likeable guy with a good sense of humour.
But in a car he will do anything to win. I won't say cheat like M Schumacher, but he'll override team orders if it suits him. Remember the Mark Webber incident? I dislike his win at all costs attitude.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
As long as SV is at Ferrari, LH won't get a look in. Seb wants No 1 status (rightly so) and a yes man to toe the line and help him win titles. LH isn't that man.
And..............he knows LH would beat him with the same equipment. He won't have that.

Absolutely, positively, 100% correct, and that's just the half of the reasons I think it'll never happen. Unless of course Ferrari decide that Vettel has passed his sell by date and dismiss him, lol.

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Both on 2 year deals which is interesting!!!

They could easily swap them over after a year if Leclerc fails to impress or doesn't do as he's told (help Seb win)

I thought Haas was meant to be the Ferrari 'B' team but it seems Sauber now is, with it's Alfa branding and Ferrari engine.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
They could easily swap them over after a year if Leclerc fails to impress or doesn't do as he's told (help Seb win)

Exactly!!!!

I thought Haas was meant to be the Ferrari 'B' team but it seems Sauber now is, with it's Alfa branding and Ferrari engine.

Haas just buy loads of components of Ferrari to keep costs down, Sauber are much more independent but use Ferrari junior Drivers

What will be interesting is STR will become to RB as Haas are to Ferrari next year

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
What a cracking qualifier in Singapore! Looks interesting for tomorrow... Watch out for Verstappen!

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Agreed - Verstappen is the bogeyman tomorrow. Very fast starter, which will leave Lewis prey for Vettel behind him, who also starts fast.
I have a feeling Lewis will get boxed in and lose several places. Vettel might even make light contact and spin Lewis to the back of the pack. It's been done before!

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Bottas needs a good start to keep Vettel looking in his mirrors as much as ahead.

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Judging by his comments in the last race about losing points to Vettel it's obvious he doesn't give a hoot. He knows it wo't make a difference to the team's 3rd place in the Constructor's Championship and he has a lengthy contract with Red Bull oh and of course he is their golden boy.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Vettel must be nervous with Verstappen in front.

I have a sneaky suspicion Vettel will take some positivity from having Verstappen behind Hamiltron... He knows Max will throw everything at it, and doesn't give two whatsits about Hamiltron's status or ability.

He'll either ding him, or make an overtake, in which case it drops the Tron in to Vettel's sights!

Last edited:

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
I have a sneaky suspicion Vettel will take some positivity from having Berstappen behind Hamiltron... He knows Max will throw everything at it, and doesn't give two whatsits about Hamiltron's status or ability.

He'll either ding him, or make an overtake, in which case it drops the Tron in to Vettel's sights!
Good point. Verstappen has nothing to lose compared to Lewis.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom