Any opinions on these cheapo insurers?

rom1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220cdi coupe/2004
I'm with Igo4 They are cheap but the amount of stuff you need to do to activate the policy is off putting.

send them copy of NCB scanned or posted
drivers licence
log book

I sent everything yet they keep saying they have not got certain items, and send letters saying policy will be terminated.

Also you got to use the portal to make changes to policy but portal does not list everything. in my case change of number plate, and when I rang them they said if i don't use the portal they will charge £35. After many exchanges of emails, screen shots etc they did the changes.

Too much hassle and time to set up.

Last edited:

ThinkPad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E W212; C W204
Went with esure this time around after years with admiral. They have been fine in set up of policy, etc, and answer calls immediately, which is what you want from an insurer! (uk call centres). I always go for the cheapest quote. If problems occur on a claim, will cross that bridge at the time. There is no guarantee going with anyone in particular will lead to smooth process anyway. Surely these days they are all similar in this regard. Must say UK call centres is refreshing, but even then, not that I would pay extra for it!

Top Bottom