Apple Ipod Integration Kit

rajeevkumar

Reaction score
Hi All,

Apologies if repeating preiously asked question, but I have trawled through previous posts.

Wanting to hear an experience from someone who has successfully taken the plunge.

Would appreciate if you can advise of costs as quotes vary wildly between dealers and once installed easy to use, etc ?

Have an itrip connected to my ipod with varying quality of reception. Unsure whether to take the plunge or not.

Thanks in advance

blassberg

Reaction score
take the plunge - no comparison to the iTrip.

What model / year do you have?
do you have comand?
do you have an aux port in your glovebox

There are numerous options from fitting an aux socket to the integration kit and other people have other preferences.

I think the integration kit was money well spent (for me 3225 + VAT)

You can now get 80Gb ipods.

Search harder - there's lots of info in here / out there

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
blassberg said:
I think the integration kit was money well spent (for me 3225 + VAT)
A bargain at £3,225 + vat :shock: , no price gouging by Mercedes. Are you sure it wasn't £225 + vat :confused:

OP
R

rajeevkumar

Reaction score
update on model etc

Hey thanks for rapid response,

Info below

What model / year do you have? 2006 C class 200 Saloon.
do you have comand? No command, Audio 20 stereo.
do you have an aux port in your glovebox. Have no idea which... probably means no... Does this make a significant difference to costs ?

Thanks in advance

blassberg

Reaction score
rajeevkumar said:
Hey thanks for rapid response,

Info below

What model / year do you have? 2006 C class 200 Saloon.
do you have comand? No command, Audio 20 stereo.
do you have an aux port in your glovebox. Have no idea which... probably means no... Does this make a significant difference to costs ?

Thanks in advance
ok - I'm guessing the following

you are compatable for an integration kit where you can navigate via the steering wheel but you will be able to see the first half only! of song names in the dash. you will not have an aux port in the glovebox.

FELLOW

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
208/1999/320
Hmm.. same old problem.

The cheap option is to buy a standard car stereo conector to headphone socket jack from the internet...£9.99...sacrifice your old autochanger and plug into the old autochanger slot.... the ipod then plays through the stero when autochanger / AUX selected and U use the pod to set the play list..if you don't fancy the fiddle with the connections Unicar will do it in about 20mins (£30 ish) and locate the end where you like...glove box, dash, were the ash tray used to be but now retrofitted charger ect... nicely hidden away.

There are also some other options out there ....in the 200-300 pound price bracket with separate displays.....search on stuff magazine web site..nice blue display

good luck

niva441

Reaction score
It works mostly well on my 06 C class.

The things that devaluse it is that it operates at a lower volume than the radio (this apparently be sorted by also connecting the cinch socket) and the dash display only has space for about 10 characters.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom