Are cheap glow plugs any good

philiggy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c200 CDI 2006
Hi all
My first post,
I'm now the proud owner of a red 93 E300d 130000K FSH nice cond. :D
But it needs glow plug\s and wears the outside of the front tyres (could just be tracking but its a bit low on the front)

Any way I've noiced on e-bay cheap sets of glow plugs, has anyone tried them or know if they are any good. :confused:
Its a few years since I've had a diesel and Beru or Bosch used to be the ony ones to fit.

Also it has no rear head rests and a larger than normal tank, seems an odd spec has anyone else had one similar.

Cheers
Phil

Hibbo

Reaction score
Don't touch them mate.

I bought a cheap set for my w123 and they *ALL* failed after two journeys!

www.helptoday.co.uk are excellent for Bosch duraterms but unfortunatley they don't stock the ones for the 606 :( I just bought Beru ones from ECP

OP
philiggy

philiggy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c200 CDI 2006
Cheers
I'll stick to Bosch/Beru

Phil

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom