Are Mercedes really that fault ridden?

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Anyone else experienced a 220 CDi doing megga miles and not using oil? :grin:

I think that is not unusual. I have had two 320 CDIs, each of which has asked for oil after about 10-10,500 miles and a C 220 CDI which is on "yearly or 15,500" service intervals - I do about 6,000 per year in that and it never needs top ups.

If you read the theoretical maximum consumption cited in the handbook (0.6L per 1,000 kilometres IIRC) it would scare you, but I have yet to see a common rail diesel engine that uses much oil.

psmart

Reaction score
If you read the theoretical maximum consumption cited in the handbook (0.6L per 1,000 kilometres IIRC) it would scare you, but I have yet to see a common rail diesel engine that uses much oil.
Both the ML270 and the C220 go through oil at speed (>100mph), dont know the exact figure but a weekend 600 mile journey needs about ~1/2 litre adding. Driven slowly, Id agree, they dont use much.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom