Are mercs better in winter than bmw's?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Which pub are you going to?
The Crispin Inn- our ‘cottage’ is near Monsal head
We wanted the packhorse but they wouldn’t take our booking as our party was too large !

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
The Crispin Inn- our ‘cottage’ is near Monsal head
We wanted the packhorse but they wouldn’t take our booking as our party was too large !
Ah - think I stopped there once for a drink and lunch (but with having done that so many times in the area its hard to remember!)

Monsal is lovely - great easy walk up the old railway line (or bike ride for that matter). There's a cracking 4x4 track on the opposite side of the valley from the pub at Monsal Head - rough and rocky. Fantastic views from the top too. I used to live at Chapel en le Frith not too far from there.

If you want somewhere for an evening meal (or lunch) I can recommend the Lonestar in Buxton. Mexican food and very good (if a a little pricey).
http://lonestarbuxton.co.uk/quick-menu/main-menu

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Ah - think I stopped there once for a drink and lunch (but with having done that so many times in the area its hard to remember!)

Monsal is lovely - great easy walk up the old railway line (or bike ride for that matter). There's a cracking 4x4 track on the opposite side of the valley from the pub at Monsal Head - rough and rocky. Fantastic views from the top too. I used to live at Chapel en le Frith not too far from there.

If you want somewhere for an evening meal (or lunch) I can recommend the Lonestar in Buxton. Mexican food and very good (if a a little pricey).
http://lonestarbuxton.co.uk/quick-menu/main-menu
Excellent ta! Wish I had asked earlier, we’ve a huge curry organised ( well primarily cooked by me) for Saturday and the pub lunch Sunday.. tonight is Pizza and we return Monday boo!! That Mexican sounds brill

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
We are up that way next Weds for a couple of days. Towing the caravan. Hopefully weather will have settled by then.

We have the calm before the storm Brian currently, bright skies but wind picking up.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Excellent ta! Wish I had asked earlier, we’ve a huge curry organised ( well primarily cooked by me) for Saturday and the pub lunch Sunday.. tonight is Pizza and we return Monday boo!! That Mexican sounds brill
Damn... could have put you onto a few places (mainly around the Hathersage area but a few that way as well).
I did stop in the Crispin - I don't remember much but it couldn't have been bad or I would definitely have remembered.
It was when I was in Green laning mode - so we weren't the most popular folks around Longstone at the time as they were complaining about traffic (not realising the same traffic also brought business!)

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
neah they are both rubbish ! but mine wont be this year ( assuming we get any snow ) I will take the range rover instead :p

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Damn... could have put you onto a few places (mainly around the Hathersage area but a few that way as well).
I did stop in the Crispin - I don't remember much but it couldn't have been bad or I would definitely have remembered.
It was when I was in Green laning mode - so we weren't the most popular folks around Longstone at the time as they were complaining about traffic (not realising the same traffic also brought business!)
We’re 50 yards from the pub at Monsal head!

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
Just finished changing over to winter tyres on both cars. Possibly a little early but it does mean I do about the same annual millage on both sets of tyres.
On the E class the winter tyres are 245/45/17 all round, against the summer fronts 245/40/18 & rears 265/35/18.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom