ASR light on 1994 420E

Status
Not open for further replies.

cng

Reaction score
I have 100,000 miles on our 94 420E. Recently the ASR light comes on when the car is cold or it has been sitting for a day or so.

Whe the ASR light comes on, the engine is still running but it will not move. We have to turn off the engine and restart it, then it is fine.

Is this the MAS(Mass Air Sensor) problem? or there is a dirty electrical connection some where?

Please help.

CNG

B4MMY

Reaction score
Website
www.virtual-planit.com
ASR

this happened to me with my R129 500SL some time ago and happened again recently. I was advised at the time to have the ASR replaced which was going to cost the best part of £1000! What I had unwittingly done was when cleaning the engine allowed water to seep into the ASR unit. Eventually it dried out and went back to normal but it took ages. I did it again by accident a few weeks ago. When I realised what I had done I got the vacuum cleaner and put it on the entrance to the unit for about 5 minutes. Then got a hair dryer on it. It cured in a few days. It could be that you got moisture in it. It's worth thinking about before you spend that kind of money fixing it. Regards Chris Bamford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom