ATF replacement e200 question ?

MRowe

Reaction score
I have drained the fluid from the gearbox and the torque converter.

Question is how do i refill the gearbox and the torque converter are they both filled via the dipstick port or is there seperate ports for both.

Where ????

Many thanks in advance.

Michael.....

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have drained the fluid from the gearbox and the torque converter.

Question is how do i refill the gearbox and the torque converter are they both filled via the dipstick port or is there seperate ports for both.

Where ????

Many thanks in advance.

Michael.....

The pump in the box circulates the fluid in the box, let it idle for a minute in N then the same in D

You fill it via the dip stick tube

Ian B Walker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300td
On a complete re fill of Atf, as you have done, add 4 ltrs of fluid first, start the car and holding your foot on the brake, move the gear lever though all the gears slowly a few times. The add a further 2 ltrs and take it for a drive of about 5 miles. Leave the engine running and wait for the fluid to settle and then, with the engine still running check the oil. Top up and do the process again untill you have the correct amount of fluid in the box. Hope that helps.

carabind

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e class
The other way (and its probably too late) is to measure what you actually drained - then refill with the same amount. This doesn't guarantee the level is right, but it will exactly be the same as before you drained it - if that makes sense......

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom