AUTO SURGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfk989

Reaction score
Am getting surge when changing fron 2/3 and 3/4.
Not major but annoying as impedes slow but magnificent progress.
any body any clues
4 year old c 240 with 24,000 on clock

OP
G

gfk989

Reaction score
Thanks Matt
Filler is protected by "Merc technician only"  cover with no apparent dipstick.
Am reluctant to do anything drastic as still covered by Signature warranty but was interested to see if it had been noticed/reported before.
Is not major problem but changes are still noticeable even when using miniscule acceleration.
Will be commenting at next service before car goes offf waranty in 3 months time.

mjtray

Reaction score
Hi,

Noted your problem with the Auto surging.........have experienced the same problems with my E280. The problem was quickly sorted by my dealer when it started doing it the last time. Apparently its just a case of fine tuning the electronic gubbins on the Auto.

Mines starting to do it again, mainly as the car is warming up...usually this happens when the car has come to a halt in traffic and I have my foot on the brake.

Car's in for a service on Monday, so hopefully it will be sorted at that point.

I would imagine that your MB Dealer will be able to sort this pretty quickly

Cheers

Martin

maybach

Reaction score
Hi
I think the best course of action is to get your car checked out by your local M.B dealer.
In my experance it sound as if the K3 clutch pack is on it's way out, this is sometimes caused by the freewheel (f1) wearing out and placing extra load on the clutch pack.
It's unlikly you have low oil as you would pick up faults in othe gears.
I would get it checked out quickly, as you may damage the box further.
good luck
Maybach

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom