Daves W202

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 c200 elegance
Hi guys. When I put the car in drive with my foot on the brake the car makes a creaking noise it isnt the brakes as I first thought. Also when changing up the box sometimes feels like its hesitating and slipping then it pops into gear ok. Car is a 1997 c200. Starting to worry bout this so any help will be much appreciated.

glasgow-iain

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2006 1.8 Komp
1st check would be to find out if the gearbox fluid and filter have been changed, my W203 service book says it should be changed at 40,000 miles i would imagine the 202 would be much the same, some one more in the know will be along shortly to help you more

OP
D

Daves W202

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 c200 elegance
Im planning on getting the autobox serviced just would like to know if my box is stuffed before I waste money servicing a duff box lol! Its done 77000 miles and I dont have proof of a box service.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom