Autobox problem

t28mrs

Reaction score
Hi all..Have a problem with the autobox on my 89' 230te. Suddenly lost forward drive :( It will reverse fine though. Been told it could be the bands? I also have a 91 300te that I have been using for bits and pieces and wondered if the gearbox from this will fit? Many thanks in advance. Mark

Ellsy Tanners

Reaction score
The older boxes without much electronics interchanging isnt to much of a problem!!!

what have you got to lose!!!!

OP
T

t28mrs

Reaction score
Thanks very much guys I will look into it next week..would seem a shame to have to scrap the car because of this....had 4 years of pretty much trouble free motoring until now!

Bigtee

Reaction score
Have you changed the oil & filter?

Take a look at the filter is it blocked with the remains of the clutch pack? ie: black bits.

I would try a new oil and filter if not been changed for some time you might just get lucky if the filter is fairly clean.

Good luck..

Roger Jones

Reaction score
According to MB's Technical data passenger cars (Oct 1993) manual, your box is 722.408. The 1991 300 TE has 722.358 (with cat) or 722.320 (without cat). No idea whether any internal bits are interchangeable.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom