Autobox Service

MICKMAGS

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK430 2000 4.3
Hi everyone I have a 2000 Vreg 430CLK with 94K on clock and am going to do a transmission service.Has anyone done one of these cars ? And where is the best place to source all the service kit I will need.Thankyou
Regards Mick

OP
M

MICKMAGS

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK430 2000 4.3
Thanks for the quick reply Steve. will I also need to replace the tube and O ring seals which carry the harness. Mick

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
Thanks for the quick reply Steve. will I also need to replace the tube and O ring seals which carry the harness. Mick

You mean pilot bush, it wouldnt hurt to change it at the same time its only £12.

And if there aint no magnet in the sump put one in.

jib

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Chances are its leaking so as Jib has said you may as well put one in. Dont overtighten it though as you can break the ehcu it screw in to. 7 nm is the torque I believe!!

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom