Automatic gearbox blocked

AlexC270

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c class 270cdi
Hi
I have a problem with my automatic gearbox.

First in december when i was braking my gearbox get locked (in 2nd gear), i switch off the car, took of my key and switch on the car and the problem disappeared. it happened again 2-3 times in January and finally my transmission has stayed locked definitely.

Discussing on french MB Forums some people adviced me to replace the electric plate on the hydraulic block. I did it but when i took off the cover I realized that I had a leak on the electrical outlet...

So I changed the plate, the electrical outlet, the oil and nothing happened, still blocked (only 2nd and rear, w/s does not work).

I checked on the power cable between the outlet and the ECU and have noticed traces of oil on ECU connectors but no oil inside it.

I don't want to spend my money in MB. What can I do, did I miss something?

Thanks for your return and sorry for my mistakes (I remain a french! :) )

Alex

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML270CDI, VW Polo 1.9tdi, BMW K1200RS
Hi
I have a problem with my automatic gearbox.

First in december when i was braking my gearbox get locked (in 2nd gear), i switch off the car, took of my key and switch on the car and the problem disappeared. it happened again 2-3 times in January and finally my transmission has stayed locked definitely.

Discussing on french MB Forums some people adviced me to replace the electric plate on the hydraulic block. I did it but when i took off the cover I realized that I had a leak on the electrical outlet...

So I changed the plate, the electrical outlet, the oil and nothing happened, still blocked (only 2nd and rear, w/s does not work).

I checked on the power cable between the outlet and the ECU and have noticed traces of oil on ECU connectors but no oil inside it.

I don't want to spend my money in MB. What can I do, did I miss something?

Thanks for your return and sorry for my mistakes (I remain a french! :) )

Alex

Hi,
After fitting the new plate you must now read and then erase the fault codes generated from the original faulty plate, the 'old' codes will still be present, they remain 'active' and cause the gearbox to remain in 'limp' mode until the codes are erased.

Last edited:
OP
A

AlexC270

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c class 270cdi
Thanks for your quick replies.
First I don't have any default codes on my "computer board", i don't make a star diagnosis son i agree that it ils difficult to find the problem.
I will finally bring my car to MB to, as suggested by panason1c clear the defaults.

One more thing when i made my oil change i took off 5 liters of oil and I handed the same quantity. But as I had a leak maybe i didn't put enough oil...i have some difficulties with the dipstick to find the right measure (i have the original dipstick but as it is too long sometimes i go too far, sometimes not enough...) a lake of oïl may explain the problem ?

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
When you take the car to Mercedes to erase the faults, ask them to check the oil level in the box.

Where are you in France ?

Last edited:
OP
A

AlexC270

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c class 270cdi
Hi Tode, yes I think i will ask them to check the oil level.
I am from the north of france , near Lille and you? Where are you from?

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
Not very close, I'm afraid - between Alençon and Le mans. :)

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
We moved here in 1973 (which rather gives away my age ;) ). Before that we were in Canada.

When are you taking your car in to Mercedes ?

Last edited:
OP
A

AlexC270

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c class 270cdi
ok so you speak french well!

Maybe I will bring my car to Mercedes at the end of this week or next week (I work as manager in an hotel and when i'm back to home usually everything is already closed.. :) )

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom