1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B Class CDi BlueEfficiency wheels/tyres

Discussion in 'Bodywork, Tyres, Wheels & Trim' started by copydeskcat, Jul 10, 2018.

1. copydeskcat

copydeskcat Member

Your Mercedes:
    a180 cdi 2010 platge
    hi guys,

Silly question - so please excuse my ignorance...

I have a B Class CDi BlueEfficiency with the low profile tyres and alloys.

I’m a bit sick of feeling every single bump in the road with the wheels/tyres, and wondered what my options are to replace them.

For example, can I just switch out the wheels for standard wheels and bulkier tyres, or is this car not really suited to these type of wheels/tyres?

I’m just trying to figure out how much it’s going to cost, if I decide to go for it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Best,

CDC

2. ernieh

ernieh Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    205 / 67 / C220 d
    Check your handbook for the options that are fitted to lesser models than yours. You don't say which is your trim level, but for example, if yours is a Sport, then SE wheels and the correct tyres would give you a more comfortable ride. The other thing to check is if you are on Runflats; standard tyres of the same size would be smoother.

Just be careful, though, if yours is an AMG with I think, 18inch wheels, the 16s from an SE won't fit over the AMG discs and calipers and possibly neither will the 17s from a Sport!

Somebody who knows the B Class better might be able to give you more specific info for it.

Ernie

3. Blobcat

Blobcat Moderator

Your Mercedes:
    R171 SLK280 3.0, Land Rover 110 County SW
    Inside the fuel filler car will most likely be a list of the tyre size options and the tyre pressures. Go down rim size and up sidewall ratio if the option is available. I went from 18" to 16" on my W210 and it was so much better because of it.

4. Wighty

Wighty Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
    If you have a spare wheel , that is probably the minimum size you could go to .

5. OP
    copydeskcat

copydeskcat Member

Your Mercedes:
    a180 cdi 2010 platge
    Brilliant. Thanks guys. I’ll have a look at it.