Baby Car Seats

gillylou

New Registration
Reaction score
Hi

I am new to this forum, but would greatly appreciate some advice from all of you experts !!

I own a C-Class Saloon 2003 and want to travel with my newborn on the front passenger seat.

Currently, my six year old has a Mercedes booster seat with the transponder inside which deactivates the front passenger airbag. We were forced into a corner by Mercedes in parting with £180 for this convenience !

As we have already bought a pushchair with a combined car seat, I am loath to go and spend another £250 with Mercedes for an additional bespoke Mercedes Baby Seat which includes the transponder. As a result I will have to put my newborn in the back of the car where it will be very difficult to see him if he has a problem.

I would like to ask if anyone has managed to get round this situation.

Am I able to purchase the transponder on it's own which I can attach to the baby car seat ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Gillylou

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
gillylou said:
Hi

I am new to this forum, but would greatly appreciate some advice from all of you experts !!

I own a C-Class Saloon 2003 and want to travel with my newborn on the front passenger seat.

Currently, my six year old has a Mercedes booster seat with the transponder inside which deactivates the front passenger airbag. We were forced into a corner by Mercedes in parting with £180 for this convenience !

As we have already bought a pushchair with a combined car seat, I am loath to go and spend another £250 with Mercedes for an additional bespoke Mercedes Baby Seat which includes the transponder. As a result I will have to put my newborn in the back of the car where it will be very difficult to see him if he has a problem.

I would like to ask if anyone has managed to get round this situation.

Am I able to purchase the transponder on it's own which I can attach to the baby car seat ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Gillylou
If you are not going to have anymore babies, why not take it off the seat that you have.

Malcolm

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom