BAS/ASR indicator on

ssk

Reaction score
I was driving my CLK320 Auto and the BAS/ASR light came on when I turned right. The cruise control does not work since either. However, there is no loss of power and the car drives as it has always. The brake/front lights etc. all work as expected too. Has anyone had this problem before, any help will be greatly appreciated.

bundy

Reaction score
hi the first & cheapest thing to do is renew the brake light switch. even though the lights work dont mean it aint the switch. its a quad pole switch & part of it is used for stop lamps & part for cruise,asr etc.

hope this helps

OlafMaxwell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E320 CDI Estate
Have you had any of the wheels removed recently? There is a procedure relating to rotating the wheels when they are off the ground. Also, whele sensors can go wrong and they are not expensive.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
The most (and very) common cause is the brake light switch (around £10). As the cruise needs this to tell it to shut down, its not surprising it went awol too (clever those Germans!).

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML270CDI, VW Polo 1.9tdi, BMW K1200RS
OlafMaxwell said:
Have you had any of the wheels removed recently? There is a procedure relating to rotating the wheels when they are off the ground. Also, whele sensors can go wrong and they are not expensive.

I'm not aware of any issues regarding rotating the wheels when they are off the ground....I'm curious as to what the 'procedure' is that you refered to?

OlafMaxwell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E320 CDI Estate
I read this about turning the wheels with the ignition on while the wheels are off the ground. It confuses the computer where you have ABS and ESP. I think it was in the handbook but I have also read in posts here.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
I could see where doing this would cause the ESP/ABS to alert and shut down, but I would expect that turning off the ignition and restarting would reset it, just as shutdown due to failure of the brake switch can be reset by restaring the ignition.

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML270CDI, VW Polo 1.9tdi, BMW K1200RS
I would have thought that with none of the engine, transmission or various other sensors telling the computer that the vehicle was in motion that turning the wheel/s would not trigger any EPS/ABS systems.

Top Bottom