Battery Identification C230K Evolution Panorama

L

Lodestone

Cannot find how to start a new topic anywhere - so tailgating on someone else's

Can anyone help

I have a C Class Sports Coupe Evolution Panorama ref C230K registered in March 2002

The original MB battery is now at the end of it's life, and I wish to replace it

There is nothing in the technical section of the Handbook to say what type of battery eg AH capacity etc, and there is nothing written on top of the battery itself to give a clue as to the type AH capacity etc etc

The battery has two handles on top - and the cells have screw in tops

Can anyone advise the correct battery for this car ?

When I do replace the battery - should I be aware of any "effects" that may occur re the car electrics/electronics ?

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
760 amp, 100 amp an hour, any good outlet will stock them......

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
Just go to your local MB dealer armed with your VIN, they will supply the right battery and you may just be surprised at the costs, I do believe their batteries are not any dearer than other equivalents.

OP
L

Lodestone

Thanks - I was hoping to get one from a car breakers as considerably cheaper - and sometimes almost new - hence the identification

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You must read this

http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=37364

Why not buy one from your local motor factor that supplies the trade, a Bosch, Lucus, Banner, Exide, Varta all good makes, they will have the chart for the correct one for you car, I would avoid Halfords and house names though Halfords do sell Bosch and they use the retention unit to keep the car live

Last edited:

AMck

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 E320cdi S211, SL320 2000(written off), Lotus Excel
I found Costco the cheapest when I replaced mine a couple of months ago. They only sell Bosch and they give a lifetime guarantee (within reason)

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom