Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Did you have the car on STAR after fitting the new SAM

nadeem786

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E220 CDI (2003)
Did you have the car on STAR after fitting the new SAM

No. Is it necessary to plug it into the STAR machine? They will probably advise me that it's a bad EGR valve. I just don't want to waste any more money.

If this is the only option then I should get this plugged into star machine and see what advise I will receive.

Thanks for the advise.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I would for now just use the car for a bit and see if the warning goes away. it there was noting wrong in this respect then it could just be a programming thing

nadeem786

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E220 CDI (2003)
I would for now just use the car for a bit and see if the warning goes away. it there was noting wrong in this respect then it could just be a programming thing

Thanks for the advise, Malcolm.

By the way, I have been hearing this buzzing noise under bonnet and it's quite annoying. The noise happens every few minutes when engine is running. the noise isn't that loud. Any suggestions?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It will be the SBC pump charging the braking system

JonnoVision

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270/2004/2700
Hi

I bought the SAM unit from eBay which had the same Part Number as my orginal unit. This has now resolved my battery convenience functions error. Also, all my interior consumables are working.

I have one more issue. Engine Management light is on and error P0403 is recorded. The car has no problem with the drive. What would be the cause?

Thanks for your help.

If you have an issue with the SAM unit, does it throw an error message?:confused: I have a similar issue I am looking to resolve with the battery convenience functions error.

Jonno

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you have an issue with the SAM unit, does it throw an error message?:confused: I have a similar issue I am looking to resolve with the battery convenience functions error.

Jonno

See if you can get the software update on STAR first, you could have something draining or the batteries not very well charged.

JonnoVision

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270/2004/2700
Hi Television. Well, I fitted a later BCM, but the error still occurred. I then had it short tested by Mercedes for £50ish pound and they told me the software for the BCM was out of date. So they updated and cleared the Error log on Star and retested with no new faults. Then the fault reoccurred about an hour and half afterwards. I am so reluctant to pay another £50 to Mercedes to see what it was this time, but then having replaced both batteries, the alternator, and now the BCM on trying to resolve the overall issue - I am now at a loss on what else to look for. I will probably take the car back to Mercedes for the Star report again and see what it says now :(

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Getting hard now to know what to say :(

Cobra44

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E200 D SE (2017)
Exacty the same problem on my E270

All depends on what kind of running the car has had recently. Lots of short runs with heater, rear window, lights,wipers etc on followed by parking up for 72 hours and then starting from cold with the same ancilliaries on and it could be normal. The battery is 50% charged so the voltage drops for a few secs with all the current drawn for the starter and the warning trips.
By the time it has, the alternator has caught up, is steadily charging and all is well.
Just take it for a run or trickle charge it to top up the battery and it should be fine.

Alternatively the battery is faulty and not holding charge or you have a battery drain issue. The 3rd I doubt as with most of these, after 72 hours it would have been reluctant to start (dependant on what state the battery was in when you parked up). The 2nd is possible but again I'd imagine that after 72 hours parked, starting would be an issue so in this weather the 1st would be my initial diagnosis.

Only just recently joined the forum and already the info on here is paying dividends. I have just discovered the same fault and message on my dash. Changed the battery and all was ok for a while but now the message regarding battery protection is back.

Having read a few other threads I'm thinking its the alternator or alternator regulator, or maybe the computer needs resetting on STAR as I haven't had any start up problems as yet Famous last words!

Anyway, thanks for the help! ;)

mersum1es

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212/-09/350CDI, W219/-07/320CDI, EX:W220/-01/320CDI, EX:W211/-04/320CDI, EX:W210/-01/270CDI
When this message appears, right after first start but not later, or always?

Measure battery voltage, before start and then again with running engine.
If ok and message comes onlywith first start, next thing is to find out possible drain current.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom