Beckhams Speedfine Loophole

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
So Beckhams engaged Mr Loophole to plead his notice arrived a day late,

Who put this in the news and wouldn't Beckham with his eye on his me-edia personality have been better taking his medicine.

For us anonymous types a day late is a blessing for Beckham its a curse.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
I'm not a fan of these loopholes, he was speeding end of, and he can pay the fine, and even if he was banned it wouldn't effect his life.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
It wasn't for speeding. It was for failing to provide details of the driver. He had 21 points before the 18 added for this offence. In a Merc too.

I looked it as a combination of offences, first was speeding then failure to identify who was driving. Should be banned

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
I looked it as a combination of offences, first was speeding then failure to identify who was driving. Should be banned

He was banned, for a year!!! This was headline item on our local news last evening.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
21 points already and the twat was still driving?

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
21 points already and the twat was still driving?

On that occasion he wasn't driving, apparently. It was his brother, or cousin or some bloke from down the club wot was driving. As he couldn't read the paperwork, perhaps he couldn't read the Highway Code to know wot the round signs with red outer ring, white background with a number in black; probably colour blind, illiterate, had a poor upbringing etc or any host of excuses trotted out on his behalf by his brief. He was probably doing training and was too important to turn up to court it appears.

and kids wanna be footballers with them being upstanding pillars of the community and role models to boot :D:D

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
My understanding is it was not his car, so the NIP would have gone to the registered keeper.
Mr Loophole claims the NIP arrived a day late, must be served in 14 days. However prosecutors have appealed in the past due to a delay in the post, & the court accepted their appeal.
Its all down to the keeper convincing the court that the NIP arrived late.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
So let me get this straight...
1. He admits he was driving.
2. He admits he was speeding.

Yet he seems to think he should be exempt any penalty even though he's admitted breaking the law.
FFS man up and deal with the consequences of your actions Beckham!

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
yes he was and he should take the rap for it but the law is set for a reason , if the rozzers cant serve notice of intended prosecution in time then its their own silly fault , one day , one month , one year , late is late

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Sometimes the law is applied against the citizen in a rigid, unbending way. Smart lawyers defend their clients by those rules. David Beckham gets lambasted by the star-struck media at every opportunity. Whether he meekly pays up or takes refuge in the law, he gets it in the neck either way. If you don't like him, he's a law-dodging bastard. If you admire him, he's clever enough and wealthy enough to look after himself.

Whoever slows down when they see a speed camera, is dodging the law. Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sometimes the law is applied against the citizen in a rigid, unbending way. Smart lawyers defend their clients by those rules. David Beckham gets lambasted by the star-struck media at every opportunity. Whether he meekly pays up or takes refuge in the law, he gets it in the neck either way. If you don't like him, he's a law-dodging bastard. If you admire him, he's clever enough and wealthy enough to look after himself.

Whoever slows down when they see a speed camera, is dodging the law. Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.
He's just wealthy enough to pay other people to look after him. We slowdown for speed cameras because we don't want a fine and points, so they're doing their job.

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
If you slow down for speed cameras, you're speeding between them, so you, like David Beckham are breaking the law. Are we condemning Beckham for getting caught? Are we just congratulating ourselves on dodging the law and condemning him for getting caught? By that reckoning we should congratulate him on being so wealthy that getting caught doesn't matter.

We're no better than he is.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
The difference is that if caught I'd take the view of fair enough - I was doing what I shouldn't have so take the penalty. It's not like he can't afford it.
I've driven here for 30 years and have never had a speeding fine, conviction or points. That's not to say I don't speed but I'm careful when and where I do and don't have any expectation that I shouldn't be punished if caught.
He being the role model he is should set a better example by a) not speeding and b) accepting the punishment if he's caught.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you slow down for speed cameras, you're speeding between them, so you, like David Beckham are breaking the law. Are we condemning Beckham for getting caught? Are we just congratulating ourselves on dodging the law and condemning him for getting caught? By that reckoning we should congratulate him on being so wealthy that getting caught doesn't matter.

We're no better than he is.
It's because he was speeding and he knows it, he's using his wealth to get the conviction thrown out. Just take penalty and fine.

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
When we slow down between speed cameras, we've been speeding and we know it, that's why we slow down.

If we ever pay cash for work, to avoid VAT, we are dodging a legitimate charge. Few people pay bills they can legally avoid.

I too have been driving for many decades of pointless driving, by a combination of luck and judgement. If caught offending I'd be pleased to find a way to avoid a fine or a ban. It's dishonest to say otherwise.

Beckham didn't sign up to be a role model, he signed up to be a footballer. He was good at it, and idolised by kids and the media. We choose our role models and we discard them when they don't please us. The media profit from setting up heroes and then profit again by knocking them down. The gullible join each campaign in turn, seldom considering the 'model' as a human being with grace and flaws. We love to love them and then love to loathe them. It's the new national sport.

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
When we slow down between speed cameras, we've been speeding and we know it, that's why we slow down.

If we ever pay cash for work, to avoid VAT, we are dodging a legitimate charge. Few people pay bills they can legally avoid.

I too have been driving for many decades of pointless driving, by a combination of luck and judgement. If caught offending I'd be pleased to find a way to avoid a fine or a ban. It's dishonest to say otherwise.

Beckham didn't sign up to be a role model, he signed up to be a footballer. He was good at it, and idolised by kids and the media. We choose our role models and we discard them when they don't please us. The media profit from setting up heroes and then profit again by knocking them down. The gullible join each campaign in turn, seldom considering the 'model' as a human being with grace and flaws. We love to love them and then love to loathe them. It's the new national sport.

Exactly, there are rules for us and rules for the enforcing body, if we break them, we expect to be fined unless the enforcing body doesn’t follow their own rules.

Top Bottom