Been pulled for me number plates.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
They need to have reasonable grounds to suspect that you have committed a crime or are about to commit a crime before they stop you though.
And a bad number plate is exactly the justification needed.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
I think it is the general look of the car that attracts the police. Once they stop you they look for a reason to fine you.

Correct if I am wrong but I think you car has been lowered, wheel spacers, aftermarket wheels, fancy decals and red interior lighting all attention seekers that the police look for.
That's usually because cars of that description are carrying 1KG of the white stuff in the boot.

OP
SmartAmg

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
I think it is the general look of the car that attracts the police. Once they stop you they look for a reason to fine you.

Correct if I am wrong but I think you car has been lowered, wheel spacers, aftermarket wheels, fancy decals and red interior lighting all attention seekers that the police look for.
Lowered and different alloys yes. Wheel spacers had been removed,
no decals and the red lights are not on when the car is moving, it was daylight anyway. I've no qualms that he actually stopped me, what riles me is no,
ifs, buts or maybe's, just booked. Then I read today about a to55er just getting a "warning and some advice " for a far worse offence then mine.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Lowered and different alloys yes. Wheel spacers had been removed,
no decals and the red lights are not on when the car is moving, it was daylight anyway. I've no qualms that he actually stopped me, what riles me is no,
ifs, buts or maybe's, just booked. Then I read today about a to55er just getting a "warning and some advice " for a far worse offence then mine.
One thing I would never do is believe whatever you read in the newspaper, they write articles so people will buy their paper not because it's based on anything other than that. "Outrage" sells which is why they've put the article in so that people talk about it and comment on it so their readership and therefore revenue goes up.

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Consistency is a rare commodity. If we're knowingly breaking the law, we can't be too surprised when we get pulled up. The fact that some are prosecuted and some warned, is bad if you're prosecuted and good if you're warned.

My truck is with the law itself. If all the letters and numbers are displayed in the correct size and sequence, that should be enough. Altering the spacing to make it more memorable should not be an offence, unless it makes it unreadable.

OP
SmartAmg

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
One thing I would never do is believe whatever you read in the newspaper, they write articles so people will buy their paper not because it's based on anything other than that. "Outrage" sells which is why they've put the article in so that people talk about it and comment on it so their readership and therefore revenue goes up.
Mmmm, so don't believe anything at all you read in the papers .

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Mmmm, so don't believe anything at all you read in the papers .
SWMBO believes everything she reads in the Mail but tends to disbelieve everything I tell her!

JohnArnoldBrown

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI Estate 2003
Don't believe anthing. Full stop.

Punishment is a tricky subject.
Is it supposed to be a deterrent? Or some sort of vengeance?
Or, in the case of custodial sentences, is it supposed to protect the public from danger? Or is it for rehabilitation?

Why should a person who defrauds an insurance company receive a more severe punishment than one who mugs an old person?
Discuss.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
They need to have reasonable grounds to suspect that you have committed a crime or are about to commit a crime before they stop you though.

Would putting an AMG badge on a non-AMG engined car count Alex? Citizen's arrest perhaps??? :D

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
28805e82489f16148ac3a1eeae7b91e1.jpg

It could be an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom