Betters symbol

Mark A

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
58 ML-320CDI.
Battery symbol

I picked up my new (08) ml-420 on Friday, and love the car. When I picked it up, the battery symbol came up, and the dealer said don't worry, its been sitting a wee while, and the charge is low - the symbol should go after a day or 2 of use. I have now driven it +/-100 miles and also put it on charge for a few hours, but the symbol keeps coming up. Does this need to go back to an MB workshop to get it turned off, as my ODB2 reader says no faults.

Will the light go off of its own accord after a bit of use, or should I get it booked in ??

Mark

Last edited:

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
Yep, take it back. Ask them to call you when they've sorted it, and you in turn will return the equivilant loan car. :)

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I bought an R Class with a similar warning, and made the same assumption. After a couple of thousand miles it had not cancelled itself. The car was under manufacturer's warranty and the local dealer willingly tackled the problem.

The diagnosis took a while (which at a dealership would otherwise have cost a lot) and I think he replaced the front SAM and possibly the battery for the convenience features (?). That solved the problem and it never returned.

I have often wondered if that problem was the reason for which the previous owner sold the car. It was perfect otherwise.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The things car sellers tell the customers, amazing if that was the case they would have charged it up for you,,

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom