Blue efficiency injector problems

P

peterdh

Just had a call from the MB Dealer I bought the E250 from saying that an MB Service Improvement notification existed for my car (I think they were the words used - anything but the word RECALL I presume) and that they wanted my car in to replace the injectors.

It turns out that the control unit (ECU?) is also to be replaced at the same visit (and who knows what else). The car is now 12 months old and I've only had it a month so what if anything was done to it before I got it I haven't a clue.

It seems that this injector problem blew up with the new Blue Efficiency 4 pot lumps in late 2009 and, in theory at least, was sorted before my car entered service.

Anyone any ideas on why a Sept 2011 car with 11k on the clock should be being called in for this work?

Andyjb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 Sport Estate 2013
Hi Peter,
Did you get the ECU replaced? Mine is Aug 2011 and injectors were replaced Aug 12 (before I owned it) but not the ECU, as far as I know!
Andy

P

peterdh

Yes the injectors and ECU were replaced. I can't remember exactly which injectors were fitted previously nor what I have got now as I haven't taken the engine cover off to have a look since it was done.

I presume that the piezo injectors were there before and they have been replaced by the solenoid type hence the need to replace the ECU too.

It seems there may be a new generation of piezo injectors around (taken from some recent comments on the other forum) so who knows what is happening. The only way for you to be sure of what you have got is to take the engine cover off and have a look at the injectors and ECU. It will say either piezo or solenoid on both and if you have now got solenoid injectors in place of piezo (as I understand it) your ECU will have been replaced at the same time.

Happy to be corrected if the above is wrong.

philipdayton

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250CDI AMG Sport Plus Estate
I stumbled across this post as a consequence of the problems i have had with my car, a MY2012 W204 C250CDI AMG Sport Plus.

The car is on PCH from Mercedes Finance, there was a tappety noise under acceleration which had probably been there from new but had gotten progressively worse over 8.5K miles.

It went in to MB Derby on 19th Feb to be checked over as they identified the sound immediately on test drive.
I was given a E250 CDI Sport estate as a courtesy car and told they would need mine for "maybe a week".

Nearly 10 weeks later I am still without my car........

Work done to date:
Gearbox removed, ring gear replaced
All injectors replaced
All belts removed and replaced
Full ECU scan by MB Germany revealed irregular oil pressure, pressure relief valve faulty, replaced.
...................... The noise is still there......:mad:

I have now raised a complaint with Customer Care (last week) they have now said it is up to the dealer to do what is necessary to fix the car...

MB Derby have been great in terms of customer care and kept me updated so no complaints there. I just cant believe how long this is dragging on. They have said that they really don't want me to reject the car, they would rather I wait to get it fixed and they will look at compensation etc when fixed. I am also concerned as the PCH is over 4 years and obviously the warranty is only 3.

I would be interested to hear what people think about my situation, what should i do? Should i reject? What is suitable compensation etc?

toby1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 CL420 C140; 1997 SL500 R129
10 weeks is crazy unless there's a particular part on back order. Can you reject it at this stage of the contract?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom