Bluetooth gadget

Paul whu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 cdi 2010
Hi. First post on here. I have just bought an e350. After a while of faffing about I managed to link my phone to the Bluetooth no problem.
Things are far from perfect however. I have to physically touch the phone to make or answer calls. This cannot be right.
I would also like to stream music from Spotify but the car will not pick it up at all.
Do I therefore need one of those gadgets? What other benefits to they give me?
Many thanks in anticipation.

OP
P

Paul whu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 cdi 2010
I might add that my car is a 2010 model

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 350cdi (C218) 2012 / OM642
Hi. First post on here. I have just bought an e350. After a while of faffing about I managed to link my phone to the Bluetooth no problem.
Things are far from perfect however. I have to physically touch the phone to make or answer calls. This cannot be right.
I would also like to stream music from Spotify but the car will not pick it up at all.
Do I therefore need one of those gadgets? What other benefits to they give me?
Many thanks in anticipation.

I am not familiar with the 2010 model ICE/comand however that does not sound correct. You should be able to answer from the wheel buttons and make a call too. Assuming you have already read the user manuals for your model it could be a fault or require comand/firmware update to fix the issue.

Don't know which country you are in, but if you are in the U.K. may be worth calling http://www.comand.co.uk the guys at Comand and telling them your issue, they may have seen it before or have some good suggestions/resolutions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
What phone please?
Some of the call pick up settings are on it rather than the Comand system.
On the streaming it might be that you need to tether the phone with a cable to the connection in the central arm rest box. To be honest I’ve never tried Spotify with this 212 or my last one so I’m not 100% on that, but streaming other music from the iphone for instance requires the tether cable.

OP
P

Paul whu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 cdi 2010
Thanks for the reply. My phone is a Google Pixel xl

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 350cdi (C218) 2012 / OM642
Any luck? With my aftermarket Bluetooth to aux adapter, with remote controls, if I am playing music through music app on my iPhone or other apps, call comes in I am one tap on the control to answer, without need to touch the phone. You may need to check the settings on the Bluetooth pairing on your Pixel to ensure it is set to allow remote controls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom