Bodywork in Northampton

Scop

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone recommend a good paintwork and bodyshop in the Northampton area? I need some stone chips and scratches sorting out and I have spotted some rust around the rear jacking points which I'd like 'dremelling' and waxoyling.

Many Thanks

eGuru

Reaction score
Website
www.artguru.co.uk
Your Mercedes
C180 S204, S320 CDi
Trevor Barwell is good. He is located somewhere at the back of Grose's garage in Kingsthorpe. Also Cosmetic Autocare in Far Cotton have done some work on my car. Should be able to dig out some phone numbers tomorrow.
Jay

OP
S

Scop

Reaction score
Thanks Eguru, I'll give them a call. Have you ever used Brockhall coachworks in Clare Street? They did some panel work on my wifes Yaris and were very good. Not sure if they do the nuts and bolts stuff.

eGuru

Reaction score
Website
www.artguru.co.uk
Your Mercedes
C180 S204, S320 CDi
Scop, I have not heard of Brockhall. Used to work for a used car showroom last year and have tried a few bodyshops. Some are good, others really questionable!

drmax101

Reaction score
Am looking for a good bodywork shop myself in Northampton (or Daventry area) as I will need to get the new front wings (once i've bought them) for my w124 estate resprayed.

Had a look in the local directory in December but there seemed to be too many bodyshops around so it's good to hear recommendations from you eGuru. Will take a visit to Trevor Barwell and Cosmetic Autocare myself. Can I ask what work you had done there?

Scop, someone at work mentioned Brockhall Coachworks in Clare Street (his dad had used them) and also Duston Coachworks. Will pay these two a visit too for quotes once the snow dissapears. Would be interested to know which bodyshop you eventually go with and what you think of them.

eGuru

Reaction score
Website
www.artguru.co.uk
Your Mercedes
C180 S204, S320 CDi
Am looking for a good bodywork shop myself in Northampton (or Daventry area) as I will need to get the new front wings (once i've bought them) for my w124 estate resprayed.

Had a look in the local directory in December but there seemed to be too many bodyshops around so it's good to hear recommendations from you eGuru. Will take a visit to Trevor Barwell and Cosmetic Autocare myself. Can I ask what work you had done there?

Scop, someone at work mentioned Brockhall Coachworks in Clare Street (his dad had used them) and also Duston Coachworks. Will pay these two a visit too for quotes once the snow dissapears. Would be interested to know which bodyshop you eventually go with and what you think of them.

I had the a long dent removed and resprayed by Cosmetic. Duston Coachworks and Prestige Refinishing do a lot of insurance work so may be a little expensive, but their work is good.

gazzad

Reaction score
Indie MB garage Northants?

Just hijacking this thread for a moment.
Does anyone know of a good MB independant garage (or garage that know their way around a Mercedes) in the Northants area - Milton Keynes possibly.
As my R129 is up for an MOT / Service in a couple of months (my first since owning her)
Thanks.

eGuru

Reaction score
Website
www.artguru.co.uk
Your Mercedes
C180 S204, S320 CDi
Just hijacking this thread for a moment.
Does anyone know of a good MB independant garage (or garage that know their way around a Mercedes) in the Northants area - Milton Keynes possibly.
As my R129 is up for an MOT / Service in a couple of months (my first since owning her)
Thanks.

Parkham Garage in Wellingborough, reasonable prices and use MB diagnostics.Fixed price for servicing. http://www.parkhamgarage.co.uk/

Also, Peter Hodge & sons, 01604 588911. Very pleasant and thorough. Based off St James Mill Road.

Cheers
Jay

drmax101

Reaction score
Thanks eGuru. Got a quote of £400 plus VAT from QVR in Daventry for fitting and respray of two new wings but this does not include the wings (~£80 for pattern). Not sure if this is reasonable or not? (any ideas?). Will get some more quotes from the recommended bodyshops before I make the final decision.
Cheers
Max

eGuru

Reaction score
Website
www.artguru.co.uk
Your Mercedes
C180 S204, S320 CDi
Thanks eGuru. Got a quote of £400 plus VAT from QVR in Daventry for fitting and respray of two new wings but this does not include the wings (~£80 for pattern). Not sure if this is reasonable or not? (any ideas?). Will get some more quotes from the recommended bodyshops before I make the final decision.
Cheers
Max

Max, sounds a little high to me. Will make some calls on Monday and get back to you.
Jay

OP
S

Scop

Reaction score
My car is actually with Prestige Refinishing at the moment having 2 new doors and cill fitted following a T boning (see previous posting). I'll let you know how they perform. Not impressed so far as it took them 2 weeks to look at the car after they took it in for the doors, now they have worked out it also needs a new cill which very nearly wrote it off. They are having to get it from Germany and have no idea when its coming in ! :mad: Meanwhile I'm stuck in a Zafira hire car, (which makes me really appreciate how good a 13 year old Merc is:cool: )

Regarding Indies around Northampton- I have been to Peter Hodge and had no probs but have never seen that many Mercs there. Also there is an excellent outfit in Milton Keynes called Autoclass (01908 222244) whenever I have been there they have only ever had Mercs in. Prices are probably a bit more the Hodge though but I have the utmost faith in them as they did my headgasket. They also gave good back up when following the head gasket work the timing cover gasket sprung a leak which they replaced FOC.:D

Brockhall have always been good but I think I'll shop around a bit and try Barwell also.

Last edited:
OP
S

Scop

Reaction score
Just another thought whilst we're on the subject of bodywork, does anyone know if any of the bodyshops mentioned would do a good waxoyl treatment ? I don't have the facilities to do it myself.

john493

Reaction score
Bodyshop

Guys,
I can 100% recommend David at Paulersbury Coachworks, it's off the A5 just behind A5 Car Sales. Tel 01327 811700.
He is fully equipped with all the right gear and he won't cut corners. If you want a top job at a sensible price with no messing about, give him a try.
I've got no connection other than as a happy customer. He's done several jobs for me over the years.
John

drmax101

Reaction score
John, i've driven past A5 car sales a few times so will pop into Paulersbury Coachworks next time i'm down that way for a quote.

Jay, just wondering if you managed to find out any more info on prices for resprays. I'm guessing I'll start to get a good idea what the going rate is once I've got several quotes.

Cheers
Max

eGuru

Reaction score
Website
www.artguru.co.uk
Your Mercedes
C180 S204, S320 CDi
Max, I have been told about £100 per wing plus VAT should cover it. Bear in mind I used to deal in trade prices.
Cheers
Jay

drmax101

Reaction score
Thanks for the ball park figure Jay, I will take this on board when getting quotes.
cheers
Max

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom