Boosting/power issues?

L33Vito

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito dualiner, 2007 (57), 115 CDI
Hi All, I have a Vito 115CDI 57 Plate and I’m just wondering if anyone can help me with a boost or power issue I’m having?

The problem I am having is that when I put my foot down 50% or more it seems to get to the 2500rpm mark and it’s as if it loses its power and then the power comes back in just after the 3000rpm mark. The problem can also be intermittent and doesn’t always do it, it seems to do it a lot less as well if the engine is warmed up or by giving it some beans for a while. The engine can also sound very tappy at times and it seems to have less power alround when this is happening, I’m thinking the two problems are related. The problem isn’t bringing up any warning notifications/lights.

I’ve already changed the two MAP sensors in the hope that this may have been the problem but it doesn’t seemed to have resolved it. I’m wondering if it’s a turbo/actuator problem or air mass problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Welcome to the forum

I'm no expert on diesels but my limited experience would get me to check all the boost hoses for leaks or splits to rule that out.
The airmass sensor usually either works or it doesn't. Haven't heard of an intermittent one. You could disconnect the air mass and see if it makes a difference to the running. If it does, your sensor is OK.

OP
L

L33Vito

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito dualiner, 2007 (57), 115 CDI
Welcome to the forum

I'm no expert on diesels but my limited experience would get me to check all the boost hoses for leaks or splits to rule that out.
The airmass sensor usually either works or it doesn't. Haven't heard of an intermittent one. You could disconnect the air mass and see if it makes a difference to the running. If it does, your sensor is OK.

Thanks I’ll try that with the airmass. I’ve have a good look over the hoses but can’t find anything obvious.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
reads like an EGR fault , could poss be , boost pressure sensor or map sensor also , I'd have it plugged into , fault like that should have stored a code I reckon

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom