boot not opening

andyfay

Reaction score
i have an 02 320clk, tried to open my boot tonight, will not open.
remote opening internally will not work, nore will remote or key.
any ideas on what next to try?:(

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome,, these things get dirt and salty water in them,, get a silicon aerosol and spray inside the lock and it will open, also put some on the key as well

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
sounds like you have a air leak on the air system, central locking works on a full air assisted system!!!

OP
A

andyfay

Reaction score
many thanks to all who replied, sprayed lock and key with wd40 and left foe 2 days, unfortunately no joy.
then climbed into car and undone the screws holding the lock in place, manually operated lock and sprayed.
then removed complete lock assembly (thank god for my father-inlaw) and checked all movement, noticed what i thought might be the vaccum part to open the lock and fiddled about as all looked okay.
refitted and heh presto it works, tried for several times and seems okay, will have to monitor
many thanks to all who replied with ideas to help
regards

andy fay

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Andy,,pleased that you are in,, do get some silicon spray,,WD40 dries and you will be back to square one in a few weeks, just dose the lock in silicon , it will do no harm to anything

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom