Boot, Tailgate Locked...Please help, WD40?

A-ClassLondonGal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Class 2005 W169 1.5
Hi

The lock on my boot wont open and has been sticky for sometime. I read on a thread about oiling, using WD40. Does anyone know exactly where I can spray the locks and where NOT to spray :). There is no 'key lock' on the boot itself and the only way to open the boot seems be to press on the buttons on the boot after using the remote release lock on my key. All the other doors lock easily and the remote lock works on the boot to secure it closed. I just cant get the blooming thing open.....grrr.

Please could I have the easy peasy instructions as I know very little about cars.

Thank you sooo much.

Ive had my car for a year now and love it, love it, love it!

P.S. Its a A-Class /2005 /5 door / 150 / bbbbeaaauty :)

Last edited:

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Have you searched up under the tailgate number plate lamp holder to make sure there is no keyhole hidden up in there, Im almost sure A classes do have a keyhole somewhere for the tailgate...
So comon you A class owners..your forum needs you..
Also you have to turn the key fully to the left. anticlockwise to open..

OP
A

A-ClassLondonGal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Class 2005 W169 1.5
Xtractorfan thank you but where's Lofty!? :)

Hi

I will check again but no I didn't see a lock for a key.

That aside I'd like the boot to work with the remote.

Lofty post something about oiling and using WD40 but didn't say where exactly and his page about that seems to have gone off the net?

Is there anywhere I can look up oiling parts for the boot? If I go spraying that stuff anywhere might it not damage the connectors, or stop them connecting?

Thank you Xtractor for you reply.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom