Bought the car at 6pm, broken down in a lay by 30 mins later CL63AMG

OP
G

growla666

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL63AMG 2007 and a C250d 4Matic AMG Line 2017
I shall be paying someone else to "give it to them dry" ;)

shine

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL 500.W216 + C300 Coupe AMG Line 2018
With respect Litigation could cost you a fortune I would not spend large amounts of money trying to cripple this scumbag company, if it looks like things are going t1ts up for them and are going to get expensive they will just shut down the company and start another with a different company name and directors using relatives or friends. I do feel your frustration the CL is such a stunning car to own and drive, I hope things work out for you.

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
With respect Litigation could cost you a fortune I would not spend large amounts of money trying to cripple this scumbag company, if it looks like things are going t1ts up for them and are going to get expensive they will just shut down the company and start another with a different company name and directors using relatives or friends. I do feel your frustration the CL is such a stunning car to own and drive, I hope things work out for you.

True, that is a real risk .

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)

Like a lot of larger scandals such as the BHS shenanigans and the Bankers fiasco it's terrific really - this too is perfectly legal! - I'm not sure now, but I think you used to be allowed to go bankrupt three times in UK before being disbarred from directorship etc. It's good to know all the laws are there to protect us all!

Kirbs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ECLASS 280 sport,2009,3.0 and SL350 2004
Interesting

On their Facebook account there is a posting from "some one" saying he is very happy with the service and in reply to a lady complaining he says" stop moaning go and buy a new car" see link at 163 posting

This would be no more than social media debate ordinarily but when I tell you that the reply is from the owner of the business it becomes interesting

The 2 best, likely to attract you to their website cars are his and not for sale, Porsche and Bentley see registration and then click on his face book page rather than their business Facebook

Also there has been a lot of new feedback this last week saying the service is 5star

houseboss2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 09/09 (2010 my M273 Engine) Now completed 40K Palladium/Black
If I was growla666, I would now be restricting the postings of current events as it is very easy for the "seller garage" to access this forum.

My experience of courts and tribunals is that equitable settlement does not always prevail.

Keep your powder dry and reveal all once this unfortunate matter has ended.

This case is of interest to all of us, as one never knows, we may fall into the same trap.

Do not provide the defendant with any ammunition that may be useful to them, no matter how trivial.

Hope to read of a successful conclusion in due course.

PS: The sellers site is approx. 3 miles from my house and the background company has only been trading since November 2015. MKL Motors Ltd - £100 issued capital. The site does not inspire - get moving sooner rather than later.

Michael

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
If I was growla666, I would now be restricting the postings of current events as it is very easy for the "seller garage" to access this forum.

My experience of courts and tribunals is that equitable settlement does not always prevail.

Keep your powder dry and reveal all once this unfortunate matter has ended.

This case is of interest to all of us, as one never knows, we may fall into the same trap.

Do not provide the defendant with any ammunition that may be useful to them, no matter how trivial.

Hope to read of a successful conclusion in due course.

PS: The sellers site is approx. 3 miles from my house and the background company has only been trading since November 2015. MKL Motors Ltd - £100 issued capital. The site does not inspire - get moving sooner rather than later.

Michael

I can see your point, but if the op keeps to facts and doesn't add emotional statements the write up, aside from a useful warning to others, can be a report.

I've written a couple of accounts here of personal experiences. As my memory can't be 100% reliable over time it might well be useful to refer back to in the future.

I would have thought, come court time, that the defendant using such as is here as evidence, would have to demonstrate 'the likelihood' (this being a civil matter) of it being incorrect. That's not easy if what has been posted by the claimant is fact.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
I can see your point, but if the op keeps to facts and doesn't add emotional statements the write up, aside from a useful warning to others, can be a report.

I've written a couple of accounts here of personal experiences. As my memory can't be 100% reliable over time it might well be useful to refer back to in the future.

I would have thought, come court time, that the defendant using such as is here as evidence, would have to demonstrate 'the likelihood' (this being a civil matter) of it being incorrect. That's not easy if what has been posted by the claimant is fact.

+1
Best of luck!

chardF

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 1994 320 R129
Interesting

On their Facebook account there is a posting from "some one" saying he is very happy with the service and in reply to a lady complaining he says" stop moaning go and buy a new car" see link at 163 posting

This would be no more than social media debate ordinarily but when I tell you that the reply is from the owner of the business it becomes interesting

The 2 best, likely to attract you to their website cars are his and not for sale, Porsche and Bentley see registration and then click on his face book page rather than their business Facebook

Also there has been a lot of new feedback this last week saying the service is 5star

One of the 5 star reviews (they all happened on the 5th March) was from the owner!

OP
G

growla666

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
All - the garage has been in touch and is willing it discuds how we resolve the matter. Whatever is written on Facebook is irrelevant and has no bearing on the outcome of this situation. They are trying to resolve this matter amicably which is encouraging. I'll let you know how the repairs go - that's all from me for now. Can a moderator please drop me an message as I've tried to contact one and so far nothing.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
I wonder what brought them round.
Have they seen this thread by any chance?

Any comms will only be of value if demonstrable, be careful they aren't playing you.

silver CL55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W216 CL500 2008. R230 SL350 2005
All - the garage has been in touch and is willing it discuds how we resolve the matter. Whatever is written on Facebook is irrelevant and has no bearing on the outcome of this situation. They are trying to resolve this matter amicably which is encouraging. I'll let you know how the repairs go - that's all from me for now. Can a moderator please drop me an message as I've tried to contact one and so far nothing.

Good, hope it ends amicably

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Predicted this a while ago don't let the armchair Lawyers wind you up,
anyone who has experience in depth of our wonderful legal system will know its often not cut and dried, its rarely quick and you rarely get back all your costs.

Tell them to cover ALL your costs and enjoy the car.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
a couple of us pointed out that he must get the seller to repair the car before anything else happens and this seller has clearly realised he hasn't got a leg to stand on in the eyes of consumer law , I truly hope the car gets fully repaired as it will be a wonderfull machine once its tip top healthy

Last edited:

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.

If you want to contact a moderator then report your own post. Mods don't read every thread...and choosing just one to contact is unfair given our time is our own and given for free.

OP
G

growla666

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It's come back from the dead

:pHi all - Finally I have my car back and it's awesome! My local Merc dealer were superb and put far more hours into the car to find the fault and get it back on the road than they billed me for. They found water under drivers seat that was shorting out the canbus. Bill was £1850 to have interior removed to find fault. 95% of that was labour too. Trader ageeed to pay most of bill which they did and it means no messy legal action. It's been a long time coming but the end result is great and the car a statement itself. Am very happy.

Last edited:

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
A very salutary lesson about checking for and dealing with water ingress. I hope that has been sorted or you will back to square one very quickly.

Abb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes
That's great news for you OP, now tie for you to go and enjoy it :)

silver CL55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W216 CL500 2008. R230 SL350 2005
:pHi all - Finally I have my car back and it's awesome! My local Merc dealer were superb and put far more hours into the car to find the fault and get it back on the road than they billed me for. They found water under drivers seat that was shorting out the canbus. Bill was £1850 to have interior removed to find fault. 95% of that was labour too. Trader ageeed to pay most of bill which they did and it means no messy legal action. It's been a long time coming but the end result is great and the car a statement itself. Am very happy.

Great news.
Anything you could share with us other W216 owners about where the ingress was from?

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom