brake pads

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You can buy them from any motor factor, Your car will have ATE pads, of you can buy them from GSF, or Euro car parts, and of coarse MB, your local motor factor will be the cheapest and should be original parts

kth286

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Coupe 95
If you were buying a second hand Merc you would want to know that the previous owner used genuine Merc parts.

Go into your local Merc dealer and give your VIN to the parts person and he will give you original brake parts.

* You will have pads that FIT properly first time.

* You will have pads that do not squeal and shudder when braking.

* You will have pads that last the distance.

BlackC55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43
If you were buying a second hand Merc you would want to know that the previous owner used genuine Merc parts.

Go into your local Merc dealer and give your VIN to the parts person and he will give you original brake parts.

Tha same as ATE then......

pomm001

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 R231 A clas W169
Tha same as ATE then......

Ithink you have to do your homework first, like the thread say ATE from the factors is as OE , i bought some pads lst week for my 04 Eclass and it worked out no more expensive considering i got a 'kit' from the dealer which has the sensors, new patch lock bolts and all the 'springy' bits. strangly the pads were ferodo i think under the the three pointed star logo !

A similar thing happened when i enquired on a replacement battery for the same vehicle , the dealer after a little pressure offered me the OE battery £17less than Euro trade discount could. ( and i have an account with them)
dont automatically dismiss the dealer,

:-(

rayhennig

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1991 300CE-24 Sportline
Don't ALWAYS dismiss the dealer

Just frequently ....

I got my MB original battery for 107 Euro - best price apart from supermarket own brand.

But I've just paid 215 Euro for a seat belt!

Hmmmm.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Kieth you are going to have to accept that EEC rules are here to stay, re who makes what and for whom.

None of the things that you mention apply to Pads from ATE,TMD,Bendix and Pagid, they are OE parts.

If the dealer now wishes to compete on price thats fine, but its been a long time coming, with the amount that they buy they should be competitive on price, so ask first, anyone who pays double is stupid

kth286

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Coupe 95
Malcolm

You get a lot of laypersons here that are new to the forum and new to Mercedes.

For the original poster here, it is his second post.

If they go into any accessories shop and ask for Merc break pads the sales person will look up his book for compatible parts listing and sell him cheap brake pads.

Now if the poster is not knowlegeable about cars he is unlikely to specify he wants ATE or PAGID etc etc.

He will get what he is given.

AND we experienced chaps know there is some very cheap ASIAN rubbish out there amongst the factors.

So, I am trying to prevent our guy from getting rubbish which is hardly any better than sawdust and chicken s--t.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Malcolm

You get a lot of laypersons here that are new to the forum and new to Mercedes.

For the original poster here, it is his second post.

If they go into any accessories shop and ask for Merc break pads the sales person will look up his book for compatible parts listing and sell him cheap brake pads.

Now if the poster is not knowlegeable about cars he is unlikely to specify he wants ATE or PAGID etc etc.

He will get what he is given.

AND we experienced chaps know there is some very cheap ASIAN rubbish out there amongst the factors.

So, I am trying to prevent our guy from getting rubbish which is hardly any better than sawdust and chicken s--t.

I agree with you 100% if you put it that way, and I am sorry :D:D

OP
S

shaun.riley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 cdi 2005 diesel
thank you everyone for your comments particularly david i understand there is good parts and crap out there i just wanted to know if it was possible to get oe anywhere other than main dealers

duncanh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 520d SE F10, formerly c220cdi estate (for 12.5 years and 345k miles), before that w124 and w210
Brake parts from Eurocarparts and GSF

I need to replace my rear discs and pads (2002 c220cdi).

GSF have pads, but no discs.
Eurocarparts have discs but no pads.

Buying from both companies means two sets of postage, whereas getting them all from one would make it expensive enough to merit free postage.

With the double postage the saving over the Inchcape site is small, so I may buy genuine Mercedes parts.

Can anyone point me to another parts supplier that will sell OEM quality products (ATE/Textar/PAGID etc)?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I need to replace my rear discs and pads (2002 c220cdi).

GSF have pads, but no discs.
Eurocarparts have discs but no pads.

Buying from both companies means two sets of postage, whereas getting them all from one would make it expensive enough to merit free postage.

With the double postage the saving over the Inchcape site is small, so I may buy genuine Mercedes parts.

Can anyone point me to another parts supplier that will sell OEM quality products (ATE/Textar/PAGID etc)?

Your local car factor will have the genuine what ever they are,

Firms like part co that supply the local garages

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom