brexit free for all to continue

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ge300, w124 300e, various VW's
Diego Garcia is a cracking example of UK Govt hypocrisy; why do we take any notice of 2,000 inbred Kelpies when we ignored 9,000 Chagossians

Albitz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w201 190D 2.5
What I can't understand is why doesn't the government just say "We will guarantee the rights of EU citizens in the UK on the proviso that the EU recipricates" seems simple enough!

That is exactly what the Govt. are proposing to do. In fact they have already offered that dal to the EU, but they declined as they wont enter into negotiations until article 50 has been invoked.
Those who propose unilateral protection of EU citizens rights in the UK, are effectively saying to British citizens in the EU that they aren't interested in what happens to them, so they are on their own.
Thee Lords,Limpdems,etc. etc. know this full well, but their agenda is much more important in their eyes - frustrate, confuse, delay and hopefully prevent Brexit.
They love democracy, until they get the wrong result from a vote. ;)

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Are you sure they aren't saying "To anyone from the EU who has invested their time, expertise and money by moving to our country we welcome you and would like you to continue to do so"?

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Are you sure they aren't saying "To anyone from the EU who has invested their time, expertise and money by moving to our country we welcome you and would like you to continue to do so"?

Fine, but why not get the reciprocal acknowledgement from countries where our nationals are working.
Surely that's fair for everyone and done EU wide it means a standard agreement can be put in place rather than a piecemeal complicated one.

Leaving the EU also allows us to say to all of you who haven't invested your time expertise and money honestly s*d off we want the ones that do.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Leaving the EU also allows us to say to all of you who haven't invested your time expertise and money honestly s*d off we want the ones that do.

International law may not agree with you.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
That's only concerning our own citizens.

Unless you can show me something different of course.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
That's only concerning our own citizens.

Unless you can show me something different of course.

You see wayy too much Sun and Mail and seeing guys like Farage as knowing what they are talking about.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Never read either should I be doing ?

The last line in the link just about sums it up;

“It is a scare story, full stop. It just shows how desperate the government and the remain campaign are.”

Farage does know what he's talking about, when all the siren voices were dismissing him as a crackpot he has now been proved right.

He has won the big argument.

Still we move on, and he is very much chip wrappings.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Is it possible that you believe that the 1.6 mill who threw the result were all Farage supporters. This would be disingenuous to those who voted brexit because of Boris and some of the other idiots who advocated we leave.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
It is probably more accurate to say the overwhelming majority on both sides were not "supporters" of any politician.

As to idiots I don't believe there were too many of those on either side.

One side wanting independence the other side wanting to remain in the club.

Still I suppose I can add "idiot" to the tedious insults list.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Isn't it an insult when Bumbling Boris tells us 'countries are queueing up to deals with us'?

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Isn't it an insult when Bumbling Boris tells us 'countries are queueing up to deals with us'?

How can it be when it is true ?

they always are, why wouldn't a country want to sell its wares to us and yes despite the remainers endlessly deriding Britain there are many that want our goods and services to.

The completely farcical nonsense that pervades the short thinkers at the moment is that Brexit means the end of commerce.

I have said it before but it so reminds me of the paranoia surrounding the "millennium bug" as then we just had to work around the problem and get on with it.

Perhaps the remainers should tell us exactly what they are going to stop having or using when we leave ?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

they always are, why wouldn't a country want to sell its wares to us and yes despite the remainers endlessly deriding Britain there are many that want our goods and services to.

The completely farcical nonsense that pervades the short thinkers at the moment is that Brexit means the end of commerce.

I have said it before but it so reminds me of the paranoia surrounding the "millennium bug" as then we just had to work around the problem and get on with it.

Perhaps the remainers should tell us exactly what they are going to stop having or using when we leave ?

Money?

Last edited:

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yup. 23% on fuel bills over the last year and about 2-3% on the items we buy in the last twelve months. All hell is going to break loose in the next few months when the supermarkets cannot absorb or prevent currency based increases any more.

- But I'm told I need to consider the "bigger picture"...
- But things like price increases are just "Project Fear" I was told....

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Don't worry... there will be plenty we shall have to stop having or using. Simply because it will cost too much. And if there are any countries "queueing up" for deals (excuse me... :D:D:D:D) sorr... most will be hoping for "desparate" orders or sales!

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
Don't worry... there will be plenty we shall have to stop having or using. Simply because it will cost too much. And if there are any countries "queueing up" for deals (excuse me... :D:D:D:D) sorr... most will be hoping for "desparate" orders or sales!
Yawn

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

lwbnick

Reaction score
Website
euromerc.tumblr.com
Your Mercedes
expedition
Yup. 23% on fuel bills over the last year and about 2-3% on the items we buy in the last twelve months. All hell is going to break loose in the next few months when the supermarkets cannot absorb or prevent currency based increases any more.

Happened now.

Went to costco, bought Doritos - last week 200g packs, this week 180g, slab of pepsimax, gone up.

Decided to get something to eat, and it's all gone up too, last week £3.85, yesterday £4.55.

I'll be going there with a wheelbarrow load of cash to buy a multipack of crisps soon.

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Happened now.

Went to costco, bought Doritos - last week 200g packs, this week 180g, slab of pepsimax, gone up.

Decided to get something to eat, and it's all gone up too, last week £3.85, yesterday £4.55.

I'll be going there with a wheelbarrow load of cash to buy a multipack of crisps soon.

Loving your diet :) Crisps, Pepsi, Doritos - all the major food groups there!

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom