brexit free for all to continue

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi

So the usual suspects pounce on the word money :D

Surely you realise the paucity of your argument ?

Leading up to the year 2000 to follow my millennium bug analogy we had the usual ill thought protestations that we would fall off some imaginary cliff as the clock ticked over.
This time we have a date 2 years following Ms Mays notice to the European Council say March 2020.

So I ask the flat earth society of remainers, what are you going to stop buying in April 2020 that you bought in January 2020.

Following your money argument surely your average remainer lives in cave and forages off the land as I struggle to think of anything that's price has remained unchanged.

The other rather obvious elephant in your argument is your nirvana moment has to be only when imported goods prices fall and our exports go up in price.

Apparently Dorito and Pepsi sales carry on unabated, our health it seems will have to wait :)

The fact there has been an improvement in our exports doesn't seem too bad a marker for our future.

Britains balance of payments has been in a bad place for too long.

The bigger picture ...........

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi

Leading up to the year 2000 to follow my millennium bug analogy we had the usual ill thought protestations that we would fall off some imaginary cliff as the clock ticked over.
This time we have a date 2 years following Ms Mays notice to the European Council say March 2020.

So I ask the flat earth society of remainers, what are you going to stop buying in April 2020 that you bought in January 2020.

Following your money argument surely your average remainer lives in cave and forages off the land as I struggle to think of anything that's price has remained unchanged.

The other rather obvious elephant in your argument is your nirvana moment has to be only when imported goods prices fall and our exports go up in price.

Apparently Dorito and Pepsi sales carry on unabated, our health it seems will have to wait :)

The fact there has been an improvement in our exports doesn't seem too bad a marker for our future.

My word you really have had a sense of humour bypass!!!

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Too many people are running the country down because they didn't get their way.
Some of us are thinking of the good of the country not ourselves.
Project fear started before the referendum and has continued afterwards with ludicrous economic projections.

I suppose if you keep throwing mud some has to stick or gum up the works that I have no doubt will please some.

What suprises me is how many are still here as its apparently going to be so bad.

geraldrobins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2011/200cdi
Too many people are running the country down because they didn't get their way.
Some of us are thinking of the good of the country not ourselves.
Project fear started before the referendum and has continued afterwards with ludicrous economic projections.

I suppose if you keep throwing mud some has to stick or gum up the works that I have no doubt will please some.

What suprises me is how many are still here as its apparently going to be so bad.

I hope you're right but we will have to wait and see because so far your opinions haven't convinced me we will be any better off. I suspect the average person wont be a lot worse or better off financially. Personally I see no advantage in Brexit.

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ge300, w124 300e, various VW's
I hope you're right but we will have to wait and see because so far your opinions haven't convinced me we will be any better off. I suspect the average person wont be a lot worse or better off financially. Personally I see no advantage in Brexit.

we are all 20% worse off due to the exchange rate fall already

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
And yet it is higher than a few years ago during the crash

its fallen over the last few days, and it's lower than in January when we went to Portugal

geraldrobins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2011/200cdi
we are all 20% worse off due to the exchange rate fall already

Yes the exchange rate has fallen but has the exchange rate been changed by Brexit or is it a blip. Exchange rates rise and fall all the time and its been good news for investors and pension funds with rises in ftse based products.
We wont know for sure until things settle down.

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes the exchange rate has fallen but has the exchange rate been changed by Brexit or is it a blip. Exchange rates rise and fall all the time and its been good news for investors and pension funds with rises in ftse based products.
We wont know for sure until things settle down.

It only works if those companies have $ earnings, they have enjoyed a 20% bonus

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
All sorts of companies are enjoying a boom, London is on fire with punters running round like their on a trolley dash.
This was in the Express.

"Brian Duffy, chief executive of Aurum Group, which accounts for 46 per cent of all British watch sales through its chains Watches of Switzerland, Mappin & Webb and Goldsmiths shops, told the New York Times: "Brexit has been hugely beneficial.
"There are undoubtedly more tourists, and they're looking to spend, because they're confident in the value they're getting.
"Luxury watch sales across the group are up by 40 percent, end of June to Week 1 of October."

I was in London before Christmas people were buying allsorts it was an eye opener.
There is huge amounts of cash coming in the country but it needs spreading around.

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
Yawn?
- That's a bit of a smarmy reply isn't it?

But Yup - I agree with you, it's boring.
- I'm yawning all the way to the supermarket check out! Shame about that.

UK consumer price inflation: Jan 2017
https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/bulletins/consumerpriceinflation/jan2017
Yawning because your constant ranting about fuel prices is boring, as well as wondering why we need a second Brexit thread. Wonder who started that....? Oh hang on.....

Anyway, fuel prices:
in June 2016, crude oil was $50.11 per barrel, as of Feb 2017 it was $53.99 - an increase of 7.8%

in June 2016, average fuel price for petrol was 111.6 ppl, as of Feb 2017 it was 120.1 ppl - an increase of 7.6%

so fuel prices are up slightly less than the amount of the rise in price of crude oil.*

Fuel price data from here: https://www.petrolprices.com/the-price-of-fuel.html

Oil price data from here: http://www.macrotrends.net/1369/crude-oil-price-history-chart

Unfortunately the facts don't back up the "Brexit to blame" ranting. How unfortunate.

PS - Fuel has been as high as 142 ppl in April 2012, in fact fuel has been more expensive than it*currently is from the back end of 2010 to the back end of 2014. I suppose that was Brexit's fault too???

Rather than bleating about wanting back the money you have "lost" due to fuel prices, maybe you should be offering to pay OPEC the money you have been unduly saving over the last couple of years due to their artificially lowering the price of oil to kill off Russian oil and US fracking.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230

Actually, Pepsi prices in Iceland (the store, not the country) seem to be coming down. Bought a couple of trays myself today.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom