Brexit

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Your a busted flush constantly trying to run Britain down because you lost,
you said two years of gold rush at least its now got funny.

I shall christen you Private Frazer "were all doomed" :)

And there's the waffle...
Anyone got any maple syrup? ;)

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Toyota says it is to invest £240m upgrading its car plant at Burnaston in Derbyshire, in another a vote of confidence after the Brexit vote.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/mar/16/toyota-brexit-derbyshire-plant-burnaston-uk

Toyota invests £240m in Derbyshire plant – but warns over Brexit tariffs
It's claimed as a credit for Brexit but at the same time as making the announcment, the European boss of Toyota warned tariff-free access to Europe was vital to the future success of the plant. So Theresa May's "plan" needs a lot of work!

The upgrade is being supported by an investment of up to £21.3m from the UK taxpayer....

Toyota are spending rather more in USA so we need to ensure it's a success: -

Toyota Announces Plans to Invest $10 Billion in the U.S.
http://fortune.com/2017/01/09/toyota-trump-fiat-ford-gm-autos/

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI,2016 Hyundai1.6 CRDI i30,2014 Peugeot 308 HDI. .6 HDI.
Yes ! the glass is definitely half empty, oh hang on, its half full, no wait a minute, it's half empty, or maybe its actually half full ...etc etc etc ad infinitum...zzzzzzzz

Last edited:
OP
prwales

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ge300, w124 300e, various VW's
  • Banned
  • #5,284
Yes ! the glass is definitely half empty, oh hang on, its half full, no wait a minute, it's half empty, or maybe its actually half full ...etc etc etc ad infinitum...zzzzzzzz

As 50% is an absolute value, empty and full are the irrelevant terms

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
You don't like it when your ill thought attempts at running Britain down is exposed do you, Frazer :D:D

it is never a matter of running Britian down, at the moment its as if his kids are giving up their good secure well paid jobs and have decided to travel the world and become actors and freelance photographers in Libya. Would you not be a bit perturbed if your kids were to do the same.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
You don't like it when your ill thought attempts at running Britain down is exposed do you, Frazer :D:D

Presumably
If I'm Fraser you must be Pike.

"Stupid boy...":D

Last edited:

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Your name vill also go in ze book. Vot is it?
Don't tell him Pike.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
it is never a matter of running Britian down, at the moment its as if his kids are giving up their good secure well paid jobs and have decided to travel the world and become actors and freelance photographers in Libya. Would you not be a bit perturbed if your kids were to do the same.

Well said. It's not about running Britain down. It's not even about remaining. Or leaving the EU.
It's about recognising the challenges ahead, being cautious of unfounded optimistic statements, of understanding what is ahead and planning accordingly.
I'm nearing retirement so the "it'll be painful for a while but much better later" doesn't fill me with confidence for my future (yes- me first because if I don't look out for me no one else will), my wife's future, my wife's children's future (one has his own business and the other is about to start out on married life in the next year or two) and my friends futures (one of whom voted Brexit and is now looking to buy a house in France near ours). Strangely 2 of my 3 closest friends are seriously contemplating a move to France permanently. We are all keeping our options open.

As for glass half empty or glass half full if you're asking the question the glass is obviously too big!

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi

I would see it as my children are off to a bright future as actors and fulfilling their dreams.
Or I could continually whine that they would be better off as Accountants and Lawyers till they left upset.
Do I want an Oscar winner or a paper shuffler ?

Not a question in my mind.

The overwhelming majority of predictions for immediately post Brexit have been wrong .

Still the whining will continue I suppose, its always a matter of running Britain down usually with some "poor me" anecdote about the size of a "Mars Bar" thankfully the whiners are in the minority and support for Brexit is growing

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
I would see it as my children are off to a bright future as actors and fulfilling their dreams.
Or I could continually whine that they would be better off as Accountants and Lawyers till they left upset.
Do I want an Oscar winner or a paper shuffler ?

Not a question in my mind.

The overwhelming majority of predictions for immediately post Brexit have been wrong .

Still the whining will continue I suppose, its always a matter of running Britain down usually with some "poor me" anecdote about the size of a "Mars Bar" thankfully the whiners are in the minority and support for Brexit is growing

To the best of my knowledge we haven't had Brexit as yet, so it would be alarming if we had the flood before the rains.
Our best hope for Brexit is to continue with our present set up until we have made other arrangements.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Where would we be without the wonderful echr to guide us. After all we could never have thought of these things for ourselves.

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
Indeed, lost a lot of respect for Captain Picard after that.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I never put much stock in the political advice of actors or singers. I might like their films and music, but that's where it stops.

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
So he is wrong if he has a different point of view from you. How can that be right.
His true colours are what his thoughts and beliefs are, you cannot have everyone singing from the same hymn sheet. Kim jong-un would like that kind of loyality.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
So an actor who is paid to do a job is a bell end because you don't agree with what the production company are saying?

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
So he is wrong if he has a different point of view from you. How can that be right.
His true colours are what his thoughts and beliefs are, you cannot have everyone singing from the same hymn sheet. Kim jong-un would like that kind of loyality.

No, he is a bell end because of the way he treats people around him, nothing to do with his political beliefs, just find it hard to listen to him in any regard.

Why did you both pick out that bit anyway, strange? The question I asked was.....do you think if we had not been in the EU we would not have all those things in place?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom