Brexit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Might be better occupied taking his ship out into the brave new worlds.

These Xenophic scare stories for post Brexit are losing there impact.
Most thinking people in business I know are getting over their nerves and looking for opportunities not revelling in the endless misguided misery from the "I'm alright Jack" handwringers whose self absorbed worlds have been disrupted.

The closet racists in the EU fantasy land have long had a problem with people from out of their back yard.

We can now get on with dealing with everyone fairly as we always should have done.

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
Why did you both pick out that bit anyway, strange? The question I asked was.....do you think if we had not been in the EU we would not have all those things in place?
Because it is far easier to pick up on that bit and attack you rather than answering your very valid point that scuppers their previous argument.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Because it is far easier to pick up on that bit and attack you rather than answering your very valid point that scuppers their previous argument.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

No, because the clip quite clearly agrees with what was said!

Last edited:

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
I wouldn't call him names but I don't like it when these people use their positions to pontificate about subjects they are no more qualified than I to talk about.

It is too easy to label us all as racists and xenophobes. Yes I know some are. There are however a vast number of us who, although we love European culture and people, could see the creeping federalism and were left with little choice but to cast our votes along with all the other Brexiters, this being the only way to put a stop to it.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I wouldn't call him names but I don't like it when these people use their positions to pontificate about subjects they are no more qualified than I to talk about.

It is too easy to label us all as racists and xenophobes. Yes I know some are. There are however a vast number of us who, although we love European culture and people, could see the creeping federalism and were left with little choice but to cast our votes along with all the other Brexiters, this being the only way to put a stop to it.

Do you know how many planets he has visited? Captain Picard is well known as a diplomat, I'd say that qualifies him.

No idea who this Paddy Stewart chap is.

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI,2016 Hyundai1.6 CRDI i30,2014 Peugeot 308 HDI. .6 HDI.
Does this sketch not shoot itself in the foot by pointing out that it was the British that set up the echr in the first place ??

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Must be some kind of reverse logic that I am not understanding.
"What has the EHCR ever done for us ?" ...big list of good things, brilliant.
Who set up the EHCR in the first place.... Britain.
How does that support the argument to remain ?

Last edited:

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.

Why can't I resist contributing to this massive roundabout of a thread?

If I was selfish I would have voted remain as the future looks increasingly as though Europe will be enjoyed by us much in the future.
Generally I don't believe ease of access (border crossing) will be affected. But if any sort of residence might be anticipated that could well be. The loss of the reciprocal health agreement would likely be a great disadvantage as the our ages advance.

My vote leave was mainly, but not only, because I believe UK's 'increased choice' of self determination, if and when exercised, should be better for the UK.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Must be some kind of reverse logic that I am not understanding.
"What has the EHCR ever done for us ?" ...big list of good things, brilliant.
Who set up the EHCR in the first place.... Britain.
How does that support the argument to remain ?

Who says it was supporting remain?

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Right, that’s it. I’m following the PM’s lead and triggering my own “article 50”.
So please note that on the 29th of this month I shall be notifying the Mods of my intention to leave this thread.

Obviously I won’t be leaving immediately as I will have to negotiate with other forum members who can then decide on what terms I can leave the thread, but still have access to it, so I can still offer my posts, but don’t have to get posts that I don’t agree with (remember, this thread posts many more things to me than I post to it). By the way, there are many other threads queuing up to take my posts

I have been increasingly concerned at the direction this thread has been taking as I think it’s becoming far too PR, LK, DM and EF and I feel I am powerless to control the posts I don’t agree with (I am already accepting many more posts that I can cope with).

I am also concerned with the number of contributors to this thread! When I joined the thread there were just a few of us. Now it seems that any forum member can jump in and take advantage of all the benefits associated with posting on this thread.

Be warned, I am prepared to leave this thread with no deal in place as to how I can contribute to it in the future although I fully expect Gina Miller to launch some sort of court challenge before too long.

Dry Run

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Who says it was supporting remain?

Is it supporting Brexit then ? I am so confused now, I mistakenly assumed that a bunch of "luvvies" would automatically be supporting remain;). The original Monty Python sketch of which this is a pale imitation was clearly pointing out the benefits that the romans had brought. The analogy is a good one though as eventually the Roman Empire Collapsed, as will the EU.... for the same reasons that we are not being ruled by the Romans :rolleyes:.
As always, history is the best teacher.

Last edited:

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Right, that’s it. I’m following the PM’s lead and triggering my own “article 50”.
So please note that on the 29th of this month I shall be notifying the Mods of my intention to leave this thread.

Obviously I won’t be leaving immediately as I will have to negotiate with other forum members who can then decide on what terms I can leave the thread, but still have access to it, so I can still offer my posts, but don’t have to get posts that I don’t agree with (remember, this thread posts many more things to me than I post to it). By the way, there are many other threads queuing up to take my posts

I have been increasingly concerned at the direction this thread has been taking as I think it’s becoming far too PR, LK, DM and EF and I feel I am powerless to control the posts I don’t agree with (I am already accepting many more posts that I can cope with).

I am also concerned with the number of contributors to this thread! When I joined the thread there were just a few of us. Now it seems that any forum member can jump in and take advantage of all the benefits associated with posting on this thread.

Be warned, I am prepared to leave this thread with no deal in place as to how I can contribute to it in the future although I fully expect Gina Miller to launch some sort of court challenge before too long.

Dry Run

So just like Theresa, you haven't really got a plan, have you? :rolleyes:

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Is it supporting Brexit then ? I am so confused now, I mistakenly assumed that a bunch of "luvvies" would automatically be supporting remain;). The original Monty Python sketch of which this is a pale imitation was clearly pointing out the benefits that the romans had brought. The analogy is a good one though as eventually the Roman Empire Collapsed, as will the EU.... for the same reasons that we are not being ruled by the Romans :rolleyes:.
As always, history is the best teacher.

As always, history is the best teacher....
What, like the British Empire and ruling the waves etc?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I think the UK contigent will just turn up and go to the pub for a couple of years
Then rush back to get some advice from Nick Clogg or Tim "who" Farron.

If they get really really stuck they could send a search team out for
Dave.

The remoaners really are desperate for an "I told you so" moment to run Britain down with aren't they ................yawn.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
As always, history is the best teacher....
What, like the British Empire and ruling the waves etc?:rolleyes:

Except that London knew that the Empire would surpassed by America from the 1860s and was actively planning on reducing global commitments and focusing on Home development from around 1890. The world wars just sped the process up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom