Brexit

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
Fixed that for you ;)

Not really.....at least UKIP were campaigning for something that ultimately the majority of the UK voters wanted. The SNP are pushing for something that the majority of Scotland doesn't want, but that's a topic for another thread.

Last edited:

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
I can see Trumps point about the media and the reason why he is having a running battle with them

Take the BBCs reporting on Brexit for instance, it's so negative and lacks any sense of positivity in reporting on the subject, it's a good job that this lot weren't reporting during WW2 or Churchill would have a had a good clear out

I think the main problem with their reporting script is that they are too focussed on what Londoners think and pleasing the liberal elite to the detriment of the provinces unfortunately

The UK needs all the good press it can get over the next two years as we extricate ourselves from the EU mess, otherwise it will only bolster the EU Commission's resolve to make things as difficult as possible - but maybe that is the plan

Last edited:

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
Who are "the timid little thinkers"?

Those that can't see past the status quo?
Those that believe everything they are fed fed from the biased press who themselves spurt out the nonsense they are drip fed as fact?
Those that make decisions based on selfish reasons?

Who knows?

All the people I know who voted remain either had very selfish reasons for doing so, or when you asked them about the EU they really didn't have a clue, and I mean no clue whatsoever, they spouted nonsense drip fed to them by remain media and hadn't looked at the state of the EU financially at all for themselves.

I'm sure it is the same with lots of leavers too. Sit and read The Sun or The Star or whatever paper pumps out racist propaganda and there will be as many 'timid little thinkers' there as well.

I just can't see the reason for panic yet, sure there may a reason to panic when we leave, but why now and why talk it down constantly?
The meltdown the day of the referendum was cringeworthy, with immediate effect we were going to have to have an emergency budget, the FTSE would collapse, house prices would fall through the floor, interest rates would rise etc. etc.
However 'despite Brexit' it didn't happen.

We are leaving, so let's all be positive and show Juncker and the rest of the EU that we will just get on with it no matter if we get a deal or not.

Yesterday Juncker said the following.....

EU's Juncker says Brexit example will make everyone realise it's not worth leaving
Mon 20 Mar 2017 23:26:20 GMT
Author: Eamonn Sheridan | Category: News
Author: Eamonn Sheridan

In an interview with Bild am Sonntag newspaper, via Reuters & Business Insider
Not worried about other EU countries leaving the bloc after Britain because Brexit will make them see it is not a good option

Asked by the newspaper if other member states would follow Britain's example in quitting, Juncker said: "No. Britain's example will make everyone realise that it's not worth leaving."He added: "On the contrary, the remaining member states will fall in love with each other again and renew their vows with the European Union."

More at the link above. I often wonder about Juncker, I don't want to be offensive but he often seems a bit tired and emotional to me.

http://news.forexlive.com/!/eus-jun...eryone-realise-its-not-worth-leaving-20170320

Renew their vows??!!
Fall in love with the EU again??@!!!

The guy is a power hungry drunk and people are happy to have him in charge??!!

With these people in charge of the EU you can't blame people for wanting out.

If it goes tits up, then you can all start to moan, but I genuinely don't think it will and nor do many, many others, and it is the constant negativity still from 'some' who voted remain that is starting to get seriously annoying as it will effect the negotiations and will effect how the rest of the world view the UK.
The bussiness' I deal with in Germany, Italy, Portugal and Spain have so far been very supportive and actually quite jealous of the way we dared vote leave, however, they are starting to question whether we actually believe in ourselves as they keep seeing more and more 'anti Brexit' news and attitudes coming from the UK, this in itself is starting to get a few of them wondering if we have confidence in ourselves and if we haven't then should they have confidence in us?
That is the UKs biggest problem at the moment, and we need to sort that out.

It is happening regardless, so now is the time to get on with it in a positive manner, we all need to stop looking at the negatives and start to look at the positives, of which there could be plenty.

Last edited:

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
Those that can't see past the status quo?
Those that believe everything they are fed fed from the biased press who themselves spurt out the nonsense they are drip fed as fact?
Those that make decisions based on selfish reasons?

Who knows?

All the people I know who voted remain either had very selfish reasons for doing so, or when you asked them about the EU they really didn't have a clue, and I mean no clue whatsoever, they spouted nonsense drip fed to them by remain media and hadn't looked at the state of the EU financially at all for themselves.

I'm sure it is the same with lots of leavers too. Sit and read The Sun or The Star or whatever paper pumps out racist propaganda and there will be as many 'timid little thinkers' there as well.

I just can't see the reason for panic yet, sure there may a reason to panic when we leave, but why now and why talk it down constantly?
The meltdown the day of the referendum was cringeworthy, with immediate effect we were going to have to have an emergency budget, the FTSE would collapse, house prices would fall through the floor, interest rates would rise etc. etc.
However 'despite Brexit' it didn't happen.

We are leaving, so let's all be positive and show Juncker and the rest of the EU that we will just get on with it no matter if we get a deal or not.

Yesterday Juncker said the following.....

EU's Juncker says Brexit example will make everyone realise it's not worth leaving
Mon 20 Mar 2017 23:26:20 GMT
Author: Eamonn Sheridan | Category: News
Author: Eamonn Sheridan

In an interview with Bild am Sonntag newspaper, via Reuters & Business Insider
Not worried about other EU countries leaving the bloc after Britain because Brexit will make them see it is not a good option

Asked by the newspaper if other member states would follow Britain's example in quitting, Juncker said: "No. Britain's example will make everyone realise that it's not worth leaving."He added: "On the contrary, the remaining member states will fall in love with each other again and renew their vows with the European Union."

More at the link above. I often wonder about Juncker, I don't want to be offensive but he often seems a bit tired and emotional to me.

http://news.forexlive.com/!/eus-jun...eryone-realise-its-not-worth-leaving-20170320

Renew their vows??!!
Fall in love with the EU again??@!!!

The guy is a power hungry drunk and people are happy to have him in charge??!!

With these people in charge of the EU you can't blame people for wanting out.

If it goes tits up, then you can all start to moan, but I genuinely don't think it will and nor do many, many others, and it is the constant negativity still from 'some' who voted remain that is starting to get seriously annoying as it will effect the negotiations and will effect how the rest of the world view the UK.
The bussiness' I deal with in Germany, Italy, Portugal and Spain have so far been very supportive and actually quite jealous of the way we dared vote leave, however, they are starting to question whether we actually believe in ourselves as they keep seeing more and more 'anti Brexit' news and attitudes coming from the UK, this in itself is starting to get a few of them wondering if we have confidence in ourselves and if we haven't then should they have confidence in us?
That is the UKs biggest problem at the moment, and we need to sort that out.

It is happening regardless, so now is the time to get on with it in a positive manner, we all need to stop looking at the negatives and start to look at the positives, of which there could be plenty.

Completely agree with you, we are leaving the EU so lets start showing the world we mean business and wont be cowed by the EU dictatorship. This is a great country that will remain a great country after Brexit.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Juncker - I reckon he was good for a few percentage points in favour of Leave.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Completely agree with you, we are leaving the EU so lets start showing the world we mean business and wont be cowed by the EU dictatorship. This is a great country that will remain a great country after Brexit.

Yes absolutely, the kind of rubbish soundbite you would hear from a two bit politician. Like the world is gonna stop, sit up, and take notice, or even care.
Stop reading the Mail and the Sun, and listening to Tory politicians.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Isn't there a red bus going cheap somewhere :rolleyes:

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Just for interest how many without checking think the bus was suggesting £350 Million a week for the NHS on voting to leave the EU ?

Its a much repeated remoaner factoid.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Just for interest how many without checking think the bus was suggesting £350 Million a week for the NHS on voting to leave the EU ?

350 million people a week used the NHS I believe.

Something like that.

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Hey? Not sure I get what your asking?
To me it was a metaphor, it was simply saying "let us decide what we spend our money on."

To be honest, no one really mentioned it until after the vote, at which point all the remainers banged on about 'that's why the voted leave, idiots.'.

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI,2016 Hyundai1.6 CRDI i30,2014 Peugeot 308 HDI. .6 HDI.
I thought 350 million was the number of EU migrants we get every week.:confused:

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I thought 350 million was the number of EU migrants we get every week.:confused:

What, and those 350m could be employed by the NHS?? What will we do without them? :D

Last edited:

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
The NHS will collapse without those 350m workers!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
The BBC bias to remain has been going on for ages, despite that I do like watching Question Time and listening to Any Questions.

Several weeks on the trot the panels were loaded with remain panelists and only one leave voter.

Listening to Any Questions it was hard to believe the vote had gone to leave the EU with the audience shouting over anyone they did not like.

Dimbleby failed to control the bias and I was so incensed one time I actually did write to complain (unusual for me)

I got the usual sort of reply that the BBC goes to great lengths etc.

If that is so why hold so many shows in schools and colleges where the young have almost always had/have left wing views.

When debate is evenly matched it really does make for great viewing/listening but the BBC seem to be missing this point.

They are not alone though.

This is why I love Andrew Neil as he hammers everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I suggest RT or Russia today on freeview for another view on the worlds events.

My free thinking youth :D:D:D put me on to it tired of his school teachers bias.

His Teachers were quite horrified when I said I encourage him to question both me and you and to develop his own thoughts.

Whatever he does he has to be independent of thought.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
I suggest RT or Russia today on freeview for another view on the worlds events.

My free thinking youth :D:D:D put me on to it tired of his school teachers bias.

His Teachers were quite horrified when I said I encourage him to question both me and you and to develop his own thoughts.

Whatever he does he has to be independent of thought.

I used to watch it for the alternative view. I became clear that it is a propaganda tool, no different than the Russian press.

"Putin is a hero, and no one has the right to question this.
Russia are 'only' reclaiming their lands, here and there, and it is the wish of the people they shall liberate.
The West are out to get us (they might be right there)."

I find their continual bleating as boring as ours. If the truth is out there it 'aint easy to find.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
The BBC bias to remain has been going on for ages, despite that I do like watching Question Time and listening to Any Questions.

Several weeks on the trot the panels were loaded with remain panelists and only one leave voter.

Listening to Any Questions it was hard to believe the vote had gone to leave the EU with the audience shouting over anyone they did not like.

I have felt that any bias was down to the area the programme was being broadcast from. The questions can be pretty much repetitive but I've viewed that the response by the audience to Brexit questions is more dependant on the experiences of the locals.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
If that is so why hold so many shows in schools and colleges where the young have almost always had/have left wing views.

To be fair young people in general tend to be more left wing, rebelling against the establishment and all that.

Then they get older and realise that a), they ARE the establishment now and b) they quite like it the way it is.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom