prwales

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ge300, w124 300e, various VW's
  • Banned
  • #5,361
I suggest RT or Russia today on freeview for another view on the worlds events.

My free thinking youth :D:D:D put me on to it tired of his school teachers bias.

His Teachers were quite horrified when I said I encourage him to question both me and you and to develop his own thoughts.

Whatever he does he has to be independent of thought.

that's a strange attitude in a teacher, question everything should be their mantra, we all learn through being taught but also by investigation and by challenging the orthodox

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
To be fair young people in general tend to be more left wing, rebelling against the establishment and all that.

Then they get older and realise that a), they ARE the establishment now and b) they quite like it the way it is.

:p

Slowly but surely as time passes these things change, lots of the left wing youth, just can't be arsed to go out there and change things, but there is always a few who will.
This is how we have arrived at where we are today.
And so it will continue.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Slowly but surely as time passes these things change, lots of the left wing youth, just can't be arsed to go out there and change things, but there is always a few who will.
This is how we have arrived at where we are today.
And so it will continue.

There are writings from Ancient Greece and Rome that say pretty much the same thing. This is really nothing new.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
It's the way of the world, a few remain revolutionaries, the rest of us move on.

Every generation has it.

The Who:
"Well, people try to put us down.
Talkin' bout my generation.
Just because we get around.
The things they do look awful cold.
I hope I die before I get old."

Robbie Williams:
"Your mind gets burned
With the habits you've learned
But we're the generation that's got to be heard
You're tired of your teachers and your school's a drag
You're not going to end up like your mum and dad."

There's probably some song on Radio 1 now that's saying the same thing but I'd rather gouge out my eardrums...

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
The tech revolution is ideal for the youth of today just wiggle your thumbs to change the world.
From the comfort of your own bed you can change everything or at least talk about doing it .

I would have had to get up travel and be a ****** nuisance elsewhere, protesting in my bedroom never had much effect.

I wonder if all these vacuous online petitions would be so well supported if you had to be vertical to sign them ...........................

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
more Tories than Labour think Brexit vote was an error

C7l19DHVUAIllMT.jpg

67% of Conservative voters thought we were right to leave.

25% of Labour voters thought we were right to leave.

I think your reading of that simple graph shows why most Labour voters aren't clever enough to be allowed to vote on important matters. :D

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Anyone who replies either way to one of those surveys shouldn't be allowed a vote outside of the X-Factor anyway.

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
I see Heseltine has gone completely mad this morning. Apparently the Brexit vote is like Letting the Germans win the war!

Interesting article above by the way.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Borys

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes e220 night edition
I thought 350 million was the number of EU migrants we get every week.:confused:

Who would want to come to UK these days ha ha
60 billion bill from EU mentioned in news
If goverment can afford to pay it why they did not put those money to NHS in the first place
Basket Case

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I see Heseltine has gone completely mad this morning. Apparently the Brexit vote is like Letting the Germans win the war!

Heseltine is, I'm afraid to say, too old and too out of touch to have a voice imho. The government and the relationship with the EU in the 50's, 60's etc. was still based on the back end of a world war, and when you have the memory of war the decisions you make are very different, a closer EU back then was as much about stopping more wars, we are in a very different time now.

His comments seem dated and offensive imho.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphstag

Heseltine is, I'm afraid to say, too old and too out of touch to have a voice imho. The government and the relationship with the EU in the 50's, 60's etc. was still based on the back end of a world war, and when you have the memory of war the decisions you make are very different, a closer EU back then was as much about stopping more wars, we are in a very different time now.

His comments seem dated and offensive imho.

One thing about Heseltine - whether one agrees or not - is that he has always shown the courage of his own convictions (which recently resulted in him getting sacked by Theresa May). btw: If he's so wrong, who's going to be "running" the EU now then?

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Who would want to come to UK these days ha ha
60 billion bill from EU mentioned in news
If goverment can afford to pay it why they did not put those money to NHS in the first place
Basket Case

Because they need to save it all for the "Brexit bill"...

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
One thing about Heseltine - whether one agrees or not - is that he has always shown the courage of his own convictions (which recently resulted in him getting sacked by Theresa May). btw: If he's so wrong, who's going to be "running" the EU now then?

He did serious damage to negotiations imho. You could call that showing the courage of your own convictions, or you could simply call it selfish.

I don't think he is wrong in respect to Germany running the EU, so what if they do? Are they not already?

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I'd say this is quite a perceptive view.

Attachments

• IMG_0971.JPG
    IMG_0971.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 28

geraldrobins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2011/200cdi
He did serious damage to negotiations imho. You could call that showing the courage of your own convictions, or you could simply call it selfish.

I don't think he is wrong in respect to Germany running the EU, so what if they do? Are they not already?

I cant see how one mans opinion will affect any negotiations especially as he is not involved.

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
He was one of those pushing for the House of Lords to allow parliament to be able to VETO the Brexit negotiations, which really would put us in a **** position going in to negotiate.

It is not his opinion that is damaging, but his actions.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Ill though comment from Mr Heseltine, no surprise really his pro EU stance was always flawed.

Heseltine carries a large chip on his shoulder from his periphery of power time and still thinks because the lazier media turns up on his doorstep that his words carry some weight in the country.

He got the mood of the country wrong over Brexit and like many remoaners must realise that so many were frightened off voting to leave by the fear campaign, some still labour under it, but continuing the failed fear campaign is pointless.

He now needs to use his "good offices" to get Britain into shape for its new journey.

This week the divorce petition is due to be issued,
unless of course Ms Millar gets a fit of procedural discomfort and has found another expensive legal itch to scratch at our expense.

Mr Heseltine leaving the political and possibly lifes stage as a bitter loser isn't much of an epitaph.

I hated our "friends" hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom