Not open for further replies.

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
You really are very naive, the whole process is falling apart and Ms May is preparing the ground for a 2nd referendum and a stay recommendation from the Govt

I think from many of your previous posts and predictions added to the above it is you who is perhaps a tad naive.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Ecclesiastes 1New International Version (NIV)

Everything Is Meaningless

1 The words of the Teacher,[a] son of David, king in Jerusalem:

2 “Meaningless! Meaningless!”
says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless.”

3 What do people gain from all their labors
at which they toil under the sun?
4 Generations come and generations go,
but the earth remains forever.

OP
prwales

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ge300, w124 300e, various VW's
  • Banned
  • #5,603
I think from many of your previous posts and predictions added to the above it is you who is perhaps a tad naive.

I looks farcical to me and we are just at the beginning, the clincher will be when economic growth hits the buffers. As I favour the disintegration of the UK as its currently formatted a win win.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
. As I favour the disintegration of the UK as its currently formatted a win win.

If it means Westminster stops handing over £13Bn annually to Wales I'm in favour. You can pay for your own prescriptions then instead of England paying through the nose.;)

OP
prwales

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
  • Banned
  • #5,605
If it means Westminster stops handing over £13Bn annually to Wales I'm in favour. You can pay for your own prescriptions then instead of England paying through the nose.;)

I'd expect that from a small minded little Englander, but I see the break up as the consequence of not spending money on a regional policy.
To replace the current failure, I'd like a federal state that included Ireland; it would need to be a republic and to work properly it would need consensus on all matters of foreign policy.
The capital couldn't be London. You probably think this is pie in the sky but things are unravelling at the moment and people will be looking for answers.

On the bright side you could send the English Lions on tour to NZ in the future, though I wouldn't bet on any success

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I'd expect that from a small minded little Englander, but I see the break up as the consequence of not spending money on a regional policy.
To replace the current failure, I'd like a federal state that included Ireland; it would need to be a republic and to work properly it would need consensus on all matters of foreign policy.
The capital couldn't be London. You probably think this is pie in the sky but things are unravelling at the moment and people will be looking for answers.

On the bright side you could send the English Lions on tour to NZ in the future, though I wouldn't bet on any success

A federal state won't happen. Just not in this country's political makeup. We have just voted to leave an EU superstate that is heading towards federalisation, what makes you think that we would voluntarily go that way?

The capital has been London apart from a brief period since the establishment of a single king. I've told you a number of times before why London evolved into being the capital. All of what made it that important won't just go away. That isn't how real life works.

On the bright side we could ask The Donald a lend of his wall building experience and somewhat expand & extend Offa's Dyke.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
Wales and Scotland aren't immediate issues. Although the Irish border situation wouldn't affect me directly to see problems developing over there due to Brexit is a serious concern.
But on consideration I believe the answer to be uncomplicated.
Post Brexit the mainland will need to monitor it's access points from the Republic, such as Liverpool and Holyhead. So if Northern Ireland were allowed to continue with free movement, as it has now, these monitored points would need to be added to with such as Stranraer.
Northern Ireland is then a sort of buffer zone between Europe and the UK. The hard border is the Irish Sea, as it will be anyway.

The tax issues of imports are much the same, an administration issue. There may be some black market style irregularities but either way that's to be expected and any losses are a small price to pay.

It isn't overly difficult to give work visas to those allowed to work across the invisible border.

It'd be interesting to hear the views of those directly affected.

OP
prwales

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
  • Banned
  • #5,609
You started the insults, I suggest they end here.
I can see you getting a ban if you continue the "little Englander" diatribe.

you are just a cry baby, a little Englander cry baby, go cry to the moderators

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
To you I say... Psalm 34:12-13, if you want to get Biblical.

NI voted to stay in the EU C...not just SF supporters, that is unfair to those of us who want nothing to do with SF.

ashford charlie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class W211 (09) 220cdi Estate

This thread is now a complete and utter waste of time. Has it really come to this? I thought this was a forum for adults. There have been some good posts, a little near the knuckle sometimes but generally good. The stupid childlike remarks from prwales are pathetic.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This thread is now a complete and utter waste of time. Has it really come to this? I thought this was a forum for adults. There have been some good posts, a little near the knuckle sometimes but generally good. The stupid childlike remarks from prwales are pathetic.
. I think it should be closed too. This is a great forum for merc and general car info and we should keep that and ditch this..

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone

Those who live in glass houses 'n' all...

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
NI voted to stay in the EU C...not just SF supporters, that is unfair to those of us who want nothing to do with SF.

That's very true and I did not mean to be unfair in that way to the inhabitants of the 6 Counties.

What I was specifically referring to were the calls for reunification, or for independence of the 6 Counties from the UK, which are being led by Sinn Fein.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
. I think it should be closed too. This is a great forum for merc and general car info and we should keep that and ditch this..

I agree entirely, this could rumble on for years. Its getting too personal and it would be a shame to spoil the comradery amongst the members :(

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Just because one person writes little Englanders you want this closed, on the biggest thing to happen politically in decades ?

I have been on the end of lets say ill considered insults but so what, grow up.

I can be the honorary little Englander if it helps anyone delicate.

As a Brexiteer it can go with the usual thick northern xenophobic, racist etc "slurs"

There is always the off button.............or plenty of other posts.

Closing threads gives unreasonable power to the miscreants.

Last edited:

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Aye, good points. And I am not ashamed of being English.

ashford charlie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class W211 (09) 220cdi Estate

I didn't actually call for the thread to be closed down. My point is that the thread seems to have become a vehicle for some people to slag each other off. Surely we can make our points in a measured and adult manner instead of childish name calling.

In my opinion prwales is now bringing nothing to the debate other than his apparent desire to vent his spleen on anyone who disagrees with him and to demonstrate his obvious dislike of the United Kingdom (maybe this is why he started the thread in the first place?).

This has been a really thread but unless it gets back to the main subject which is "Brexit" (and its advantages/disadvantages/ramifications, etc) it is in danger of becoming a "My Dad's Bigger than Your Dad" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom