Brexit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Trouble is, Brexit is a divisive subject by its very nature, as whichever way round it could have gone, a lot of people were going to end up with something the did not want. Very hard to discuss openly. I think you're right about prwales, and I sometimes wonder why he is here, he never posts about cars and there are plenty of forums where you can talk bollocks about politics til the cows come home.

The funny thing is, a lot of my friends are remainers, and I don't care, their politics are not why I am, or am not, their friend. If they stick anti-brexit stuff on social media, I just ignore it, as they probably ignore my pro-brexit stuff.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
PR's anti Inglish gets a bit wearing, and boring. But an alternative view is occasionally interesting.
It's easy to grow in confidence when there are plenty that agree with you / me / us, but then it's easy to miss the others possibly very relevant view.

The problem is from those that resort to insults, it has nowt to do with the argument and spoils the intelligent conversation.
PR can't argue on his own, and the insults are two way.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
I didn't actually call for the thread to be closed down. My point is that the thread seems to have become a vehicle for some people to slag each other off. Surely we can make our points in a measured and adult manner instead of childish name calling.

In my opinion prwales is now bringing nothing to the debate other than his apparent desire to vent his spleen on anyone who disagrees with him and to demonstrate his obvious dislike of the United Kingdom (maybe this is why he started the thread in the first place?).

This has been a really thread but unless it gets back to the main subject which is "Brexit" (and its advantages/disadvantages/ramifications, etc) it is in danger of becoming a "My Dad's Bigger than Your Dad" thread.

If you cant debate with someone then close them down, and use whatever you can to do so. Forget that others have goaded him and called him names. Just take his retorts and use that to hang him...
I'm pretty sure that if u were in his neck of the woods and stranded he would get together a lynch mob and see you on your way pretty quick....
The old saying Sticks and stones may harm my bones, but names will never hurt me, comes to mind.
And never mind the 'My Dads bigger than your Dad'. You should be more concerned when he brings his BIG Brother into it.. and tells you...
My Willy is bigger than your Willy....:razz::-D

ashford charlie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class W211 (09) 220cdi Estate
If you cant debate with someone then close them down, and use whatever you can to do so. Forget that others have goaded him and called him names. Just take his retorts and use that to hang him...
I'm pretty sure that if u were in his neck of the woods and stranded he would get together a lynch mob and see you on your way pretty quick....
The old saying Sticks and stones may harm my bones, but names will never hurt me, comes to mind.
And never mind the 'My Dads bigger than your Dad'. You should be more concerned when he brings his BIG Brother into it.. and tells you...
My Willy is bigger than your Willy....:razz::-D

Please leave my willy out of this!

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Fixed the grammar for you.

:p

6cf2723697cdcfc1444dfd70939f7f99.jpg

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Gentlemen, PRW has been banned, in case you hadn't seen it...therefore it is unseemly to talk about him when he is incapable of defending himself.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Me neither although I did wonder where he'd gone.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
This is a bit like the David Moyse situation, hang him anyhow just in case someone is offended. I sometimes wonder if some of you are adults.
No wonder people leave this forum.

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
This is a bit like the David Moyse situation, hang him anyhow just in case someone is offended. I sometimes wonder if some of you are adults.
Really? so the kind of insults and bigotry he spouts are OK are they? If it was someone else talking about the Welsh, or the Scots (or heaven forbid someone from outside the home nations) people would scream blue murder.

Frankly I don't really care what a troll on a forum has to say, BUT the forum has rules, for a good reason and it is nice to be civilised.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand people.....

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
You are easily offended, and his digs at the english were either about the rugby team or the upper class, why you should feel offended on their behalf is well beyond me, but if you must join the mob to ensure you can make a case against him then so be it.

ashford charlie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class W211 (09) 220cdi Estate
I don't recollect prwales referring to the rugby team or the upper class when banging on about "little Englanders". He merely referred to "Little Englanders". His last post (no pun intended) was stupid, childish and clearly anti-english. He reduced his own thread to a state of farce.

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
You are easily offended, and his digs at the english were either about the rugby team or the upper class, why you should feel offended on their behalf is well beyond me, but if you must join the mob to ensure you can make a case against him then so be it.
Ha ha ha ha. Utter rubbish!

Last edited:

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone

Is that the David Moyes who threatened to slap a lady for asking slightly awkward questions, while still being recorded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom