Brexit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Is that the David Moyes who threatened to slap a lady for asking slightly awkward questions, while still being recorded?

That's the one but it's ok because it's football and they can do no wrong.

I think it was George Best who said something like "Well we all give the wife a slap once in a while, well I do anyway."

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone

I think it was George Best who said something like "Well we all give the wife a slap once in a while, well I do anyway."

That makes Moyes:

a) not a gentleman.
b) a fool, for not ensuring they were "off air".

It was a casual, callous way of treating a freelance reporter too. That sort of thing could ruin her livelihood.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)

Your "they can can do no wrong" generalisation is as short sighted as calling a minority of thugs "football hooligans". And a lot of wife beaters don't play football either.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Football is still stuck in a weird 50s timewarp, where women are barely tolerated, as long as they keep their place, and 35 year old men are called "the boy".

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Is that the David Moyes who threatened to slap a lady for asking slightly awkward questions, while still being recorded?

What he did was to have a joke with a reporter, whom he knew very well, and who asked him an awkward question. Its called banter and the only person who could be offended was her.
Had she been offended by the remark and had made a complaint then fair enough.
But in the circumstances, He was jokingly making a remark that diffused the awkwardness of the situation. To any one with a brain cell it was plain to see.
I am amazed at times as to how someone else could ever be offended by remarks that do not concern them or affect them in any way.
More amazing is the situations made up by those people where the remarks could have been construed by others to turn them into Male chauvinist pigs and women haters.

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
What he did was to have a joke with a reporter, whom he knew very well, and who asked him an awkward question. Its called banter and the only person who could be offended was her.
Had she been offended by the remark and had made a complaint then fair enough.
But in the circumstances, He was jokingly making a remark that diffused the awkwardness of the situation. To any one with a brain cell it was plain to see.
I am amazed at times as to how someone else could ever be offended by remarks that do not concern them or affect them in any way.
More amazing is the situations made up by those people where the remarks could have been construed by others to turn them into Male chauvinist pigs and women haters.
Thank you, I also saw it like that, but thought I had missed something given the coverage and outrage about the "incident". When I first saw the the video I was shocked....my reaction was "is that it?"
Now don't get me wrong, I don't believe in chauvinism and I believe people should be treated with respect at work but come on.....

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Football is still stuck in a weird 50s timewarp, where women are barely tolerated, as long as they keep their place, and 35 year old men are called "the boy".

Actually there are many thousands of female football fans who follow their teams all over the world.

I wish I could have played as badly as some of them - for the money the players can rake in nowadays (their income certainly isn't stuck in any 50's time warp!) they could call me "the boy" all day and every day.... I'd be happily embarrassed all the way to the bank!

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
You are easily offended, and his digs at the english were either about the rugby team or the upper class, why you should feel offended on their behalf is well beyond me, but if you must join the mob to ensure you can make a case against him then so be it.

PRWales repeatedly offended people with his anti English comments, desires for the elderly to die so a 'second' referendum would be reversed, denial of others experiences, bigotry and general dislike of anything he didnt agree with. He was ruining the forum with his constant comments designed to inflame and insult. Contributions to anything motoring related were near zero. Clearly unhappy person whose efforts would be better rewarded on a political forum rather than a Mercedes forum. As a user of the forum I simply stopped making regular contributions to his comments. As a forum sponsor who advertises here, his pollution of the forum was very unwelcome.

I had no idea he had been banned but im not in the least surprised. If he comes back I hope he reigns in his insults and learns to listen to others with an open mind and perhaps contribute on a motoring level rather than constant political ranting.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Well I volunteered to be the little Englander and offended on others behalf all to no avail it appears.

I wish to retain the right to decide whether I am offended.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Well I volunteered to be the little Englander and offended on others behalf all to no avail it appears.

I'm insulted that you've not decided yet.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I'm insulted that you've not decided yet.

I am insulted by the insinuation you are insulted by staggering indecision and the inability to make a formal decision regarding being insulted in the first place.

I think I shall have a cup of Tea and get over it :)

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230

And as I said, I fully support your right to be offended on my behalf.
I am also having a cup of tea. How very English of me.

Last edited:

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
No doubt with a biscuit that you can torture by waterboarding.

Your casual break taking during my torpor is indicative of a darker side you just don't care ............

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
You are right, I have seen the error of my ways and am sorry. I will no longer torture the biscuits in this manner.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You are right, I have seen the error of my ways and am sorry. I will no longer torture the biscuits in this manner.

I am offended that you have not mentioned the type of biscuit.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well frankly I am offended that I'm not offended. It's discriminatory that everyone else is offended when I'm not. That's offendist. You're all offendists.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
I hate Mondays.
I apologise that my bigotry will offend many with a sensitive nature but can't promise to change my ways,
although I may have a rethink about next Monday.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I hate Mondays.
I apologise that my bigotry will offend many with a sensitive nature but can't promise to change my ways,
although I may have a rethink about next Monday.

Hater! You're such a dayist! I bet you're one of those who prefers Thursdays, huh huh huh?

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
Hater! You're such a dayist! I bet you're one of those who prefers Thursdays, huh huh huh?

Sundays are better, apart from the ****** Monday waiting to come and get me.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sundays are better, apart from the ****** Monday waiting to come and get me.

Is anyone else offended by this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom