Brexit

Status
Not open for further replies.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
How can you 3/4 leave the EU.

I would have thought that there will be a result from Brexit negotiations that will be somewhat close to what we have now.
The political negotiators are great at telling us they have achieved something different and substantial when all they have done is next to nowt, remember Cameron after asking the eu for concessions prior to the referendum.

We will be still trading with the eu.
We will still be meeting European trading standards to be able to trade with the eu.
We will be paying for the relationship with the eu, all though it may have different wording.
We will still be allowing a movement of European people to some degree.
We will still exchange intelligence information.
There will still be cross border arrests and deportations.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Reapply to join the EU? We'd be absolutely hammered by the rest of them as punishment for even thinking about leaving.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
one of the things I would like as part of the deal is the 11000 foreign prisoners in our prison system being sent back to a prison in their own country , would not only free up space in our over crowded system but also save a substantial amount of tax payers money at the same time

geraldrobins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2011/200cdi
I would have thought that there will be a result from Brexit negotiations that will be somewhat close to what we have now.
The political negotiators are great at telling us they have achieved something different and substantial when all they have done is next to nowt, remember Cameron after asking the eu for concessions prior to the referendum.

We will leave the EU though and we have to negotiate trade. This was always the case.

geraldrobins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2011/200cdi
Wo
one of the things I would like as part of the deal is the 11000 foreign prisoners in our prison system being sent back to a prison in their own country , would not only free up space in our over crowded system but also save a substantial amount of tax payers money at the same time

Wont that work both ways

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
We will leave the EU though and we have to negotiate trade. This was always the case.
negotiate OR buckle under idle threats for the Germans and the French ? at the end of the day the folks doing the negotiating are all millionaires so it wont make a jot of difference what deal they strike for the rest of us

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
negotiate OR buckle under idle threats for the Germans and the French ? at the end of the day the folks doing the negotiating are all millionaires so it wont make a jot of difference what deal they strike for the rest of us
Except it will do. The folks doing the negotiating are civil servants on £50-60k who very much want to be senior civil servants on £150-160k and retiring on final salary pension to take up a board position on the FTSE. Doing a bad job of it won't help their prospects, will it?

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
Quite often you'll find that millionaires are rather good at business & negotiation which is why they became millionaires. It's quite a relevant couple of qualifications. I'd rather have one of them looking after my best interests than anyone else

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Quite often you'll find that millionaires are rather good at business & negotiation which is why they became millionaires. It's quite a relevant couple of qualifications. I'd rather have one of them looking after my best interests than anyone else
Just so long as they don't have a vested interest one way or the other....

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
Iike others, I didn't realise there was that many. Thought the total prison pop was about 85,000? ( could be wrong on that ). Seems a reasonable request though to send them back to finish their sentences in their homelands.

These are however the only EU nationals I would advocate sending back.

Wonder what the reverse population is (Brits in foreign jails)

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Is it concerning that we have as many prisoners as soldiers?

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
of course not Craig , its not like we need an army anyway now is it ?? lol

Not every year since we've had one, no...

Well, not if a couple of parties get into power. Then we'll have to talk at the enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom