Brexit

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
We've just replaced our fence. We gave the neighbours the good side.

****!!!! That means I must be a remainer.

:D:D:D
We replaced ours last year but as it was no man's land on the other side we kept the good side :)

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Interesting the remainer Sir Christopher Meyer ex Ambassador to US on BBC news now
"we are not in a weak position in negotiations with the EU"
"we would be better off with no deal" "the EU is negotiating for failure"

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
What case?
I give you an example in direct response you your direct question.
You then come up with a ridiculous scenario which is then answered with a real life example.
You then claim my statement backs up your argument because I hadn't got a problem in directly answering your (ridiculous) scenario.
All you've proved is how scared you are of neighbours who aren't of your own kind and how you'd rather isolate yourself than integrate. In some circles that's called xenophobia.

And yes it was my mistake attributing flotsam to you (I should have known better than to think you were so creative). It was one of your fellow brexiteers first used it so if you found it offensive take it up with them.

Really, your usage of it was the first time I saw it, and you weren't referring to anyone else's post at the time.

So I thought we were using garden analogies to talk about the EU and Brexit situation, and that you were agreeing to that a divorce settlement with the EU was ridiculous, as well as the expectation that we provide for and fund the rest of the EU.

Did you really think we were actually talking about your neighbours? Are you hard of thinking or something? Clearly some might think so.

So lets move on to your rant. Where have I said I wanted to isolate myself from my neighbours? Where have I said I am scared of them? You have used your own narrow and biased mindset to come to that conclusion, it is quite sad how you judge people.

Like most of the pathetic arguments I hear from remainers you throw the xenophobe line and other insults around. Utterly pathetic for someone who is supposed to be educated.

And the leavers are supposed to be the nasty ones. Classic.

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
We've just replaced our fence. We gave the neighbours the good side.

****!!!! That means I must be a remainer.

:D:D:D
Well I was thinking of replacing mine, but apparently it is xenophobic to do that, so i'd better not.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Really, your usage of it was the first time I saw it, and you weren't referring to anyone else's post at the time.

So I thought we were using garden analogies to talk about the EU and Brexit situation, and that you were agreeing to that a divorce settlement with the EU was ridiculous, as well as the expectation that we provide for and fund the rest of the EU.

Did you really think we were actually talking about your neighbours? Are you hard of thinking or something? Clearly some might think so.

So lets move on to your rant. Where have I said I wanted to isolate myself from my neighbours? Where have I said I am scared of them? You have used your own narrow and biased mindset to come to that conclusion, it is quite sad how you judge people.

Like most of the pathetic arguments I hear from remainers you throw the xenophobe line and other insults around. Utterly pathetic for someone who is supposed to be educated.

And the leavers are supposed to be the nasty ones. Classic.
I don't think brexiteers are nasty. Not all of them at least.
We did start in general terms but you then asked a direct question about sharing my garden. There was no way it could have been analogous to sharing anything other than my garden. At that point it ceased being analogous to the EU in the same way.
Now you carry on building your fences and walls and keeping your garden to yourself (interpret that how you want). I'd much rather share mine with my neighbours and gain good friends, share great times, work together to a harmonious relationship and take on new ideas with an open mind. I'm just relieved you aren't my neighbour.

It was Frontstep first used the term 'flotsam'. Like I said if you have issues with it take it up with him.

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
I don't think brexiteers are nasty. Not all of them at least.
We did start in general terms but you then asked a direct question about sharing my garden. There was no way it could have been analogous to sharing anything other than my garden. At that point it ceased being analogous in the same way.
Now you carry on building your fences and walls and keeping your garden to yourself (interpret that how you want). I'd much rather share mine with my neighbours and gain good friends, share great times, work together to a harmonious relationship and take on new ideas with an open mind. I'm just relieved you aren't my neighbour.

It was Frontstep first used the term 'flotsam'. Like I said if you have issues with it take it up with him.

Well you decided to use the term of your own bat to make one of your normal anti Brexit points, so I am bringing up your use of it.

And no point was I even remotely interested in your relationship with your neighbours and if you couldnt see that was the continuation of the analogy that you wanted in on, then I am not sure what you were thinking? Why would I be even remotely interested in your neighbour's use of your barn??

Since you have decided to make it personal, as for my actual garden and my actual neighbours, its a very nice garden where friends and neighbours are always welcome, regardless of their nationality, so again, facts and all that, but never mind if there is a rant to be had and Brexiteers to be labelled. So much for a nice open mind.

For what it is worth, I would not want you as a neighbour either, the constant high pitched whine would be really irritating.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well you decided to use the term of your own bat to make one of your normal anti Brexit points, so I am bringing up your use of it.

And no point was I even remotely interested in your relationship with your neighbours and if you couldnt see that was the continuation of the analogy that you wanted in on, then I am not sure what you were thinking? Why would I be even remotely interested in your neighbour's use of your barn??

Since you have decided to make it personal, as for my actual garden and my actual neighbours, its a very nice garden where friends and neighbours are always welcome, regardless of their nationality, so again, facts and all that, but never mind if there is a rant to be had and Brexiteers to be labelled. So much for a nice open mind.

For what it is worth, I would not want you as a neighbour either, the constant high pitched whine would be really irritating.

Isn't it funny how use of an' insulting' term is my fault even though it was used in direct oppisition to one of your brexit colleagues posts?

As for your garden (in the wider sense) has it not occured to you I'm already in it and enjoying it? I'll bring the rest of the family over soon and all the extended family too. I'm sure they'll love it.

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
Isn't it funny how use of an' insulting' term is my fault even though it was used in direct oppisition to one of your brexit colleagues posts?

As for your garden (in the wider sense) has it not occured to you I'm already in it and enjoying it? I'll bring the rest of the family over soon and all the extended family too. I'm sure they'll love it.

Really? I can't see you out there, but it is dark. Shall I turn the outside lights on for you?

Are you sure you want them here with all these nasty xenophobes about?

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230

Just been out and had a look, there is no one out there, are you sure you have the right house?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Really? I can't see you out there, but it is dark. Shall I turn the outside lights on for you?

Are you sure you want them here with all these nasty xenophobes about?

Don't need the lights got torches cheers.
They don't mind the xenophobic pratts. They just laugh at them. Quite entertaining watching them worry about all the nasty foreigners!

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
Don't need the lights got torches cheers.
They don't mind the xenophobic pratts. They just laugh at them. Quite entertaining watching them worry about all the nasty foreigners!

Well, you know, idiots will laugh at anything.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Classy.

Well, I am aware of the fact that pretty much everything you think is wrong, so I'll add this to the list.

Arrogance, another of your finer points.
But then we knew that already.
Not everything you think is wrong, but I don't agree with most of it.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
Arrogance, another of your finer points.
But then we knew that already.
Not everything you think is wrong, but I don't agree with most of it.
Arrogance? Wow you are really on the insults tonight.

Anyway this playground banter has been fun, but it's time for dinner with family and good friends. Time to make some great memories over a nice harmonious meal.

Have a great evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom