Brexit

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
But if it amuses you to poke personal fun then enjoy yourself.

It's not personal Dave, its an honest observation. Pessimistic doesn't even cover it.
None of us are privy to the ongoing discussions yet you appear to side with the EU doom and gloom reports and delight in posting your opinion about how badly its all going.
We know the EU want to stiff us, punish us for having the temerity to vote to leave. Its pretty obvious to me anyway.

Sorry if you feel my earlier post, and perhaps this one, appears personal, but no it doesn't amuse me, it's the negativity that saddens me.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
I'll tell you something my 11 year old has figured out but you apparantly have not.

If you have a bad situation you can do one of two things.
1) Recognise the issues, sort them if you can, but move on anyway.
2) Recognise the issues and whinge about them.

Only ONE of these options actually brings an improvement in the situation.

Incidentally, a united EU? Really?

So you can't tell me anything positive about Brexit then?
- I can...: Our country is being driven into this total shambles!
- Go on, make the best of that...

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It's not personal Dave, its an honest observation. Pessimistic doesn't even cover it.
None of us are privy to the ongoing discussions yet you appear to side with the EU doom and gloom reports and delight in posting your opinion about how badly its all going.
We know the EU want to stiff us, punish us for having the temerity to vote to leave. Its pretty obvious to me anyway.

Sorry if you feel my earlier post, and perhaps this one, appears personal, but no it doesn't amuse me, it's the negativity that saddens me.

I don't actually side with the EU although I think we're committing economic suicide by leaving (and as I always said the problems with the EU were always ignored by the politicians i.e: the breed of two-faced self interested people we're supposed to trust to get the best deal for us...). And I don't need to to side with doom and gloom reports from the EU - the British press and media are doing enough and there's always more to come.

As I said to Yuggy (above), tell me some positive facts about Brexit so I can be positive too.
- Go on...

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Here's something positive - the currency news half an hour ago was that speculation over a Brexit Compromise sends GBP/EUR Exchange Rate to 10-Day High...

If the pound climbs up for two or three years we might even get prices of goods going down again.

I suppose everyone approves of speculation when it's supposedly good news.

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Here's some positive news for you Dave. All those fat cat bastard swindling bankers with their huge salaries and unearned bonuses are preparing to leave this country (post Brexit) and taking all their tax contributions and spending power with them.

You should be pleased by that!

P

peterdh

Okay. I realise now that my question about how we would exercise our purchasing options following Brexit, which WILL happen by the way, was premature as the current situation on here at least is more focused on the Brexiteers and Remoaners lobbing insults and tired arguments back and forth over the proverbial net at each other. All good fun of course as long as these exchanges remain civil but they take no account of the reality we will all face irrespective of what sort of deal we do or don't do in the next couple of years or so.

I'll come back and ask the same question later once it has sunk in that it is going to happen and that individuals (that is us by the way not governments/politicians) will need to make some buying choices based on what we feel is going to be best for us and the Country. That of course depends on my energy level at the time. I am not hopeful.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Here's something positive - the currency news half an hour ago was that speculation over a Brexit Compromise sends GBP/EUR Exchange Rate to 10-Day High...

If the pound climbs up for two or three years we might even get prices of goods going down again.

Currency and stock values move on greed and fear. Speculation drove the pound down and you told us it was PROOF of how bad Brexit was. Make your mind up.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Here's some positive news for you Dave. All those fat cat bastard swindling bankers with their huge salaries and unearned bonuses are preparing to leave this country (post Brexit) and taking all their tax contributions and spending power with them.

You should be pleased by that!

Personally I don't care about the swindling, thieving fat cats with their huge salaries and unearned bonuses but I've been warning from the very beginning that that is likely to happen. That's all the more reason why we should have been negotiating seriously and not hoping for a "red white and blue Brexit" etc Fifteen months has been wasted on this shambles!

And the politicians who should have sorted out our problems with the EU are the same two faced bunch who said things like "we're all in this together" (as they picked our pockets to pay for the gamblers, sorry bankers losses and) "we must keep these talented people here by paying competitively etc" But I do feel for the "ordinary" employees who have had to do what they're told to do by their fat cat swindling bosses . And the sad thing is, there's always another scandal waiting around the corner!
- But I suppose if Theresa May mentioned the bankers behaviour some would say she's setting out to solve injustices!

Also whenever I pointed out in the past that financial institutions were getting ready to leave (along with their taxes etc) I was more or less told it was rubbish - "It's only speculation"...

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Currency and stock values move on greed and fear. Speculation drove the pound down and you told us it was PROOF of how bad Brexit was. Make your mind up.

Find me one posting where I said that it was PROOF. (I didn't).

But in any case, so what? The FACT is that the pound has been hammered as a result of currency speculators eying the Brexit vote so it buys less and we have to pay more - all of us from shoppers to exporters buying raw materials. And along the way our credit rating has been being sent downwards - twice so whatever we borrow to fill up the magic money tree branches costs more. So any change in the other direction would be good news. Well it would if it lasts.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Okay. I realise now that my question about how we would exercise our purchasing options following Brexit, which WILL happen by the way, was premature as the current situation on here at least is more focused on the Brexiteers and Remoaners lobbing insults and tired arguments back and forth over the proverbial net at each other. All good fun of course as long as these exchanges remain civil but they take no account of the reality we will all face irrespective of what sort of deal we do or don't do in the next couple of years or so.

I'll come back and ask the same question later once it has sunk in that it is going to happen and that individuals (that is us by the way not governments/politicians) will need to make some buying choices based on what we feel is going to be best for us and the Country. That of course depends on my energy level at the time. I am not hopeful.

Very sensible, Peter. If we really are going to have some buying choices that will be good. Sadly we have another three or four years of further inflation and shrinkflation to get through first. I particularly agree with your "energy" comment and although I took action on my pension income so I should be enjoying it now, it looks as though I shall be spending what energy I have just trying to make choices over which supermarket I can afford!

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Divorce is never pleasant and it’s quite obvious that the EU Commission want the spectacle of appearing to make the UK ‘suffer’ in the eyes of the EU populace, call it project fear if you like to stop contagion, this is playing with fire of course, destabilises markets and business, the Brexit talks are uncharted territory and there will be more mistakes and farce to come only when business gets involved will things progress

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...ure-to-may-with-conditions-idUKKBN1CL25T?il=0

Maybe it's not such a positive gesture after all.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Me reading Dave's posts.

Sorry, it's my favourite film. :p

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
What I think about is the damage being done to our country by a turncoat "leader" and her squabbling children pals while the biggest thing since WWII requires serious handling. Sorry if the truth upsets you.

Every political Tom, Dick and Boris says "we must work together" then they all go off on their separate ways. But if it amuses you to poke personal fun then enjoy yourself. It will be interesting to see what what the PM comes home with this week... if it's any good it will justify my very first forecast - the deal we will get is just what they choose to give us.

You regularly condemn the dull Ms May as a turncoat so should all remoaners remain firmly against leaving the EU ?

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Anyone else notice the spaced out eyes and veiny cheeks of Juncker, like the old secret lemonade drinkers with the bottle in the paper bag :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Give him a drink and he'll be fine :alien:

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Really? All it says is that they know time is running out and they need to accelerate the process. I'd call that stating the bleeding obvious!

The point is that it is a JOINT statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom