Brexit

Status
Not open for further replies.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Who are most people Dave?
The left wing Guardian/Mirror/Independent/Observer readers who will naturally bitch at whatever the government do?

Don't take my word for it (you won't anyway!).
- Just go and look at the analysis reports.

And I don't read any of those left wing papers although I come across them on the web just as I find the FT etc which also give a true picture.
- Most of the truth that I quote comes from Reuters and I don't think they have much political aim in UK.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
No, you're just insulting. "Most thinking people"

You're just a troll.

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
I suggest you go and try a physical impossibility. Should be easy for you - it's just like seeing everything positive as you take in lies and half truths etc. while ignoring the truth in front of you.

Ha ha ha. Again Dave you are making assumptions based on you narrow myopic view that if I am not moaning about everything I can find on the internet I somehow think everything is rosy.

I don't take in lies, I assess things for how they are and how I see them with my own eyes and make my own judgements, is see some bad stuff, I also see some good stuff (in fact read some of my previous posts) - I accept that there will be some pain, the difference is I think it is worth it in the long run.

Now as for people lapping up anything they read on the internet..... maybe look in a mirror.

My outlook is positive and pragmatic and we will work through the issues that occur. Your outlook appears to be suicidal, or possibly an audition for the remake of "one foot in the grave"

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
The EU continues to pump trillions into "project superstate" and the truth of it is a casualty of the politics.
Our economy is currently set out as in the EU generally for the pleasure of the super rich and large corporations, even Jeremy Corbyn see's the issues.
The Guardian et al has backed themsleves into a remoaning corner, what happens when we have left, do they continue sniping from the sidelines ?
No party in the UK has had any useful success with the electorate on a remain ticket.
The Guardians readership figures tell their own story no Newspaper as well has had any success with a remoaning platform the "I'm alright Jack" readership perpetuating self serving social engineering beliefs at others expense are thankfully in a declining minority.
The problem for most of us is many occupy the mee-dia.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I tol
More double standards. In previous posts you have been moaning about the fact you have been "subsidising" people's mortgages.

It actually funny now.

I told YOU exactly that (above) in a previous mail. I repeat that an increase would help me and SWMBO but it would hurt mortgage payers and I have two children paying mortgages. In the meantime, I certainly have effectively been "subsiding" mortgage payers (by getting appalling interest rate on our savings).

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
I think you should just give up now Dave and throw your lot in with the Brexiteers and just wait for the Tsunami to swamp us and reality to kick in... The rest of the world has been doing ok, up until now. And they will now give all of that up and forget all they have been doing and support Little Britian in its efforts to become a Global Power again, so that they can once again hold the rest of the world to ransom and make them buy our produce, even given that we don't really produce that much that cannot be produced cheaper other places,
We also have to contend with India, and much of Africa ( Africa, still too tribal to get its act together, but they are slowly learning that making money is a much better economic proposition than being loyal to a particular tribe or ideology) and when these two come online and get it sorted then Little Britian will definitely be a loner.
But there is much more afoot than just leaving the EU and much more to it.
If any of you brexiteers would just take half a day out and seek out the real people behind the wish to leave the EU and their reasons for doing it... Nigel, Boris, Gove, et all, are never the people behind brexit , they are just mouthpieces who happen to be used and will be abused much like the rest of us.

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
Little Britain? Listen to yourselves.
NO ONE wants to build an empire. NO ONE.

All we want to do is leave a political organisation that we don't agree with or believe in.

If you want to believe the guff you spout about "Brexiteers" then it really is you with the problem.

But then you think Corbyn is a suitable choice for PM so your judgement is questionable.

So please enlighten us about the Tsunami that is coming.

Oh, and I would LOVE to hear the real reasons for Brexit that only you seem to know. This should be really good.

Last edited:

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
I tol

I told YOU exactly that (above) in a previous mail. I repeat that an increase would help me and SWMBO but it would hurt mortgage payers and I have two children paying mortgages. In the meantime, I certainly have effectively been "subsiding" mortgage payers (by getting appalling interest rate on our savings).
Right so......

Low interest rates..... bad
Interest rate increases..... bad

make your mind up.

Bankers are scum
Bankers might lose jobs, this is terrible.

You just moan about everything.

If the opposite to what you have been moaning about happens you will find a reason to moan about that too.

You could win the lottery and you would probably moan that you had to pay for the ticket.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Little Britain? Listen to yourselves.
NO ONE wants to build an empire. NO ONE.

All we want to do is leave a political organisation that we don't agree with or believe in.

If you want to believe the guff you spout about "Brexiteers" then it really is you with the problem.

But then you think Corbyn is a suitable choice for PM so your judgement is questionable.

So please enlighten us about the Tsunami that is coming.

Oh, and I would LOVE to hear the real reasons for Brexit that only you seem to know. This should be really good.
It's no different to the guff spouted about 'remoaners'.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Look back - there's enough of it. One person in particular using the phrase 'short thinkers' in conjunction with 'remoaners'.
In many cases the guff spouted is directed in response to Dave's posts and like it or not he is
  • Entitled to an opinion
  • Usually only quoting verifiable facts
  • Usually not far off the mark in his interpretation
Yes he can come across as a bit negative but that doesn't alter the facts he is reporting.
By all means attack the facts if you can but he is also the subject of frequent personal attacks and that's not on.

There are some who have a deeply sarcastic/sneering/condescending way of posting when they don't like what others say. If that's how they are in real life I wish them luck as in my experience people who act like that in person tend to get a knuckle sandwich sooner or later when they do it to the wrong person. Either that or they eventually become sad lonely people in later life.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Right so......

Low interest rates..... bad Low interest rates have been very bad for me
Interest rate increases..... bad Yes, it will be bad for mortgage payers (I paid mine) but my kids haven't
make your mind up.
Good heavens! Having seen that 4.1M have huge debts I can see both sides. I didn't think you'd like that!

Bankers are scum
Bankers might lose jobs, Businesses moving abroad and Brits left with no jobs and no taxes paid here (fixed that for you) this is terrible.

You just moan about everything.

If the opposite to what you have been moaning about happens you will find a reason to moan about that too.
You could win the lottery and you would probably moan that you had to pay for the ticket.

You're are lying - for the second time - I have NEVER used the word SCUM to describe bankers.
- I challenge you for a second time: go find my post and put a link up.

- Yes I have severely disliked bankers committing fraudulent acts for which "hard working people" would do porridge and then getting away with it like a royal race apart by "agreeing to pay a penalty" (out of their customer fees!). Once again, in the last week those special people at "Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc agreed to pay more than $44 million(£33.38 million) and enter a non-prosecution agreement to settle a U.S. Department of Justice criminal probe of traders accused of defrauding customers on bond prices. The only difference was this time they self-reported the situation because they obviously know that the gamekeeper's got their measure but they could buy their way out.

And btw I've also said before that by "banker" I refer to senior people who give the instructions - not employee like clerks etc but of course you wriggle round that and shout "hypocrisy!".
- Why is that... are you a banker?

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
There's only one banker in this thread.

Badumtish, I'm ere all week

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
You're are lying - for the second time - I have NEVER used the word SCUM to describe bankers.
- I challenge you for a second time: go find my post and put a link up.

- Yes I have severely disliked bankers committing fraudulent acts for which "hard working people" would do porridge and then getting away with it like a royal race apart by "agreeing to pay a penalty" (out of their customer fees!). Once again, in the last week those special people at "Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc agreed to pay more than $44 million(£33.38 million) and enter a non-prosecution agreement to settle a U.S. Department of Justice criminal probe of traders accused of defrauding customers on bond prices. The only difference was this time they self-reported the situation because they obviously know that the gamekeeper's got their measure but they could buy their way out.

And btw I've also said before that by "banker" I refer to senior people who give the instructions - not employee like clerks etc but of course you wriggle round that and shout "hypocrisy!".
- Why is that... are you a banker?
No, not a banker. And you in your haste to rant and rave about things and shout insults miss the point completely. Again. That you come across as clearly just wanting to moan. You complain about one thing, then complain about the opposite.
It's like you look at news stories and then trying find the most negative opinion that you can.

So, where you fixed that for me, "no taxes being paid in this country" you previously complained about these banks not paying taxes in this country anyway.

Go back and look at your own posts, I'm not doing it for you.

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
Look back - there's enough of it. One person in particular using the phrase 'short thinkers' in conjunction with 'remoaners'.
In many cases the guff spouted is directed in response to Dave's posts and like it or not he is
  • Entitled to an opinion
  • Usually only quoting verifiable facts
  • Usually not far off the mark in his interpretation
Yes he can come across as a bit negative but that doesn't alter the facts he is reporting.
By all means attack the facts if you can but he is also the subject of frequent personal attacks and that's not on.

There are some who have a deeply sarcastic/sneering/condescending way of posting when they don't like what others say. If that's how they are in real life I wish them luck as in my experience people who act like that in person tend to get a knuckle sandwich sooner or later when they do it to the wrong person. Either that or they eventually become sad lonely people in later life.
Well, I think Dave is a big boy and it seems fine for him and others to throw personal insults around - "hard of thinking" for example. But apparently it is not OK when it comes back the other way.

As for facts, unfortunately most of what he posts is opinions and speculation, so yes, I agree - guff.

As for opinions, yes, Dave is entitled to them as we all are, however if you post them on an internet forum, expect them to be challenged and criticised.

And as for knuckle sandwiches - grow up.

Sad and lonely people are the ones that sit there finding fault with everything. Happy productive and popular ones are the ones who look for the best in every situation and look to make the most of it.

I post on here when I have a spare five mins (hence the reason I am not always replying) unlike some who's life seems to resolve around posting negativity on the internet with those of a similar mindset. I would consider that quite sad and lonely.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Short thinkers is an entirely reasonable descriptive phrase for people who cannot look beyond their current concerns for positives.

Where would the world be if we relied on whats here to shape our futures instead of what could be here ?

The world would lay undiscovered and science would be moribund.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Short thinkers is an entirely reasonable descriptive phrase for people who cannot look beyond their current concerns for positives.
In your opinion. Many of those you call 'short thinkers' in your disparaging way may well be thinking further than you realise but unless you are in their mind you would never know that. How can you say how far someone is thinking ahead? To suggest you can is simple arrogance.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Oh, what wit
There's only one banker in this thread.

Badumtish, I'm ere all week

Oh, what wit!
- Yeah... what wit?

- Who's being personally offensive now then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom