Brush.

B

brick10

Can anyone recommend a decent convertible soft top brush, someone had a bonfire close to us and the ash that was on my soft top was a pita to get off, also the bird cr*p is a problem as well, the car lives outside so this doesn't help.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Have you tried a clothes brush ?. When I had a convertible the problem wash Seagull poo, I just used to wash that off with warm soapy water. I also used to seal it regularly to give it some resilience to bird poo and the like. I see you live in Ely, I was over there last Sunday picking up my new C190 AMG. It was from a non franchised dealer, EMG :)

OP
B

brick10

Have you tried a clothes brush ?. When I had a convertible the problem wash Seagull poo, I just used to wash that off with warm soapy water. I also used to seal it regularly to give it some resilience to bird poo and the like. I see you live in Ely, I was over there last Sunday picking up my new C190 AMG. It was from a non franchised dealer, EMG :)
Hi, hope you are enjoying your new car, i have used a clothes brush, just wondered if there was something with harder bristles, i have just cleaned and sealed it. Many thanks for your reply.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi, hope you are enjoying your new car, i have used a clothes brush, just wondered if there was something with harder bristles, i have just cleaned and sealed it. Many thanks for your reply.
Scrubbing brush ?? :rolleyes:

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Nail brush? Not too hard and has a nice handle to grip usually.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Google or check Amazon for 'Vikan convertible, soft top Fabric car hood cleaning brush' £7.19 on Amazon prime...

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
For proper cleaning I've used a floor scrubbing brush (old style wooden handle type) for years with no issues. I also followed the advice from Renovo when I called to ask about technique - "get a bucket of water as hot as your hands can stand, dip brush in frequently and scrub as hard as you like". Did no harm to any of the cars I've cleaned. The roof does need re-proofing after this though.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Check out the websites . Ultimate finish , Detailed Clean , Juicy Detailing ...they all sell soft top and car cleaning stuff . Halfords also sell the Autoglym roof cleaner and reproofer set that comes with a really good flat cleaning pad ...for about £20 if I remember . I've been using that pad for years on my roof

Morethanpolish

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
For ash, dust and most other stuff use the bristle brush on the end of your hoover, it will make a huge difference, I have done both of our soft tops with this in the last week. Bird poo is a nightmare, even the yellow spots, but if you get them off wet all the better, if dry a stiff brush along the grain of the fabric, and failing that, some hot water and the brush.

I sealed the CLK roof last weekend with the Renovo Fabric Ultraproofer, had some left out of a 500ml bottle. We stock it here, along with the entire Renovo range: http://www.morethanpolish.com/renovo.asp

OP
B

brick10

For ash, dust and most other stuff use the bristle brush on the end of your hoover, it will make a huge difference, I have done both of our soft tops with this in the last week. Bird poo is a nightmare, even the yellow spots, but if you get them off wet all the better, if dry a stiff brush along the grain of the fabric, and failing that, some hot water and the brush.

I sealed the CLK roof last weekend with the Renovo Fabric Ultraproofer, had some left out of a 500ml bottle. We stock it here, along with the entire Renovo range: http://www.morethanpolish.com/renovo.asp
Thanks for the reply, i have just bought a Vikan brush, hopefully it will do the trick.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370476452814?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom