bucking 230e

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwi_bloke

Reaction score
hey all...

another prob has become apparent with my new baby. Its a 230e 1989 with 160 k km on the clock. It was missing / back fireing but a new set of plugs fixed this. Now its become apparent that at revs over about 2k it seems to learch and has inconsistant power. This is remidied ussualy at operating temp.

Another thing that could be related is that when the engine is cold ie under about 50 C you put the selector into d...you can hear the engine change speed as it engages.

You put the gas on and its like its in neutral or possibly first gear...it revs up to about 2000 rpm with some movement of the car then all of a sudden its like it kicks into gear and the car kcks forward like dropping it into drive...all is good when warm.

advice? I have a feeling this car hasnt had a service in a while...the oil change (engine) revealed black oil like tar. Could it just be filters and fluid? Dad had a pajero that was reluctant to engage into gear and held gears for longer than it should. A service of oil and filters fixed it...

cheers

josh

MotardMan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 E320T, S124, W124, Sportline
New auto box fluid and filter may sort it. These should have been changed at 144K service........

It may also be worth checking the cable that operates the gear selector arm. Haines has a good description of how to adjust this.

Best of luck,

Jim

OP
K

kiwi_bloke

Reaction score
cheers

No service stamp for 144 k.... The last service stamp in the service book seems to be 90,000km....dear god!!! how could anyone treat a merc like this? :evil: i will seek revenge.....after all the star is usefull for aiming at pedestrians is it not?? hehehe Ill give the filter and oil a go....Right after I use this tank of gas.

I had water in my petrol tank, and a mechanic told me an old method was to add methylated spirits to the tank....

cheers

josh

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom