Build dates and delivery times

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
What is the general consensus on the accuracy of MB build dates and delivery times?

I have been given a build date of 14/02, with a delivery date of 12/03 and collection on 15/03. Does this sound fair enough? I've seen in a few places that from build to delivery at a UK dealership is usually around 10 working days, but I guess end Feb/early March is the busiest time of year, so a delay would be understandable.

With previous cars I have seen build dates come forward considerably, particularly with Audi, who built one of my old cars 3 weeks earlier than originally planned.

As this is my first experience of dealing with MB, I'd really appreciate some real world experiences of how your orders progressed, in comparison to the dates you were originally quoted at allocation.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I’ve only had 1 x new MB, the rest have been ‘pre-owned’ :)
So I’m probably not best placed to advise- in the one case I had an 8 week order to build to delivery time and it all happened to plan.
OK I did order a 350e when they were first launched and I had to cancel that due to constant delays but those delays were unique to that model and well documented.

Monday

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL400 2016, CLS350 2020
[QUOTE="E63S, post: 1590694, member: 85764"]What is the general consensus on the accuracy of MB build dates and delivery times?

I have been given a build date of 14/02, with a delivery date of 12/03 and collection on 15/03. Does this sound fair enough? I've seen in a few places that from build to delivery at a UK dealership is usually around 10 working days, but I guess end Feb/early March is the busiest time of year, so a delay would be understandable.

With previous cars I have seen build dates come forward considerably, particularly with Audi, who built one of my old cars 3 weeks earlier than originally planned.

As this is my first experience of dealing with MB, I'd really appreciate some real world experiences of how your orders progressed, in comparison to the dates you were originally quoted at allocation.[/QUOTE]

It is probably fair enough given the time of year. But the "build to dealer" date can vary from a week to 4 weeks, possibly depending on where it comes from (Sindelfingen or Bremen or somewhere else altogether) and when the next boat leaves! I have a car on order (ordered just before Christmas for dealer delivery mid Feb and collection 1st March. That is obviously predicated on the change of registration year but I do not actually have a confirmed build date yet. After 6 or so MB's though, I have found the quoted dates pretty reliable [crosses fingers!]

Delivery of the demonstrator I wanted to try before confirming the order was delayed by about 10 days simply because of issues with the 360 deg parking camera - whether technical or just lack of availability I don't know. So in the hands of the gods really.

gr1nch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W222 S350d AMG Line Premium Plus 2017 Iridium Silver over Black Nappa
As an example of order-build-shipping-arrival-registration workflow dates, here's mine, an S350d ordered mid-Oct 2016 for a 1st March registration.
7a6522073851302528bde9df762f4e89.jpg

Sent from my G3112 using Tapatalk

snipez999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18MY E63S AMG W213
Hi E63S. Looks like we've both ordered similar vehicles for March 18 delivery. I've had my E63S on order since July, and have a build date of 9 Feb confirmed now. I'll keep you posted on delivery times. Cheers (and enjoy :) )

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Hi E63S. Looks like we've both ordered similar vehicles for March 18 delivery. I've had my E63S on order since July, and have a build date of 9 Feb confirmed now. I'll keep you posted on delivery times. Cheers (and enjoy :) )

Hi Snipez999. How on Earth have you coped with it being in order from July? I thought early September was bad enough! :eek:

Yes, please keep me posted, and I’ll do the same.

snipez999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18MY E63S AMG W213
Yeah the worst bit is I had a good offer on sale of my previous car - S63 AMG Coupe - which I accepted, back in May, thinking I'd only have to wait until September for the new car! So it had been on order since then. I sacked off one dealer because I thought they were giving me the runaround with talk of dashboard availability and even sunroof availability (?!) but when I cancelled the order there and took another one elsewhere I got the same message (on the dash anyway). It took me back to when I was waiting to borrow a test car from my local dealer. I went all the way there by train/foot and was told that they'd just got it back from previous customer and that a whole host of dash warning lights had come on. That's basically the last I ever heard; they didnt even call me back weeks later to go for a drive. I wonder if there had been a problem of some kind with the early cars - this was back in April time - and MB wanted to iron that out before releasing second batch? Also it's strangely coincidental that there's been a recent price hike isnt it?! But on the positive side the driver's package (155mph limit removal) is now a no-cost option. I assume that nobody in their right mind would turn that one down :) Anyway, fortunately for me I have a 3L V6 Navara to lug round in in the meantime. Can't wait to break another one (bust the gearbox on my brand new S63 Coupe after about 10 months of ownership, and umpteen rebuilds/reprograms could never sort it out - oops).

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
What is the general consensus on the accuracy of MB build dates and delivery times?

As this is my first experience of dealing with MB, I'd really appreciate some real world experiences of how your orders progressed, in comparison to the dates you were originally quoted at allocation.

I have had 9 new ones. Circa average 3 to 3.5 months from order to collection. Sorry only ever monitored onep, that was going to be a month late!
And I bitched about a month from build to UK delivery.
We were going on a Tour France/Majorca, with pre booked Relais and Chateau slots along the route. So as I explained if we were 3 days late, each and every slot of 2 days bookings would have been wrong. Just sent them a print out of the Plat Amex reservations.
.... so to us it mattered.
Guess they didnt want to pay the lost deposits ;)
That delivery lag improved from circa a month to 17 days ... collection was like 3 days before the scheduled departure. And they PDI’d it the day it came in.

NickE63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S sometime soon hopefully
I'd be very interested in any updates on this.

Back in mid August I decided to desert Jaguar after 19 years with XFRs and XJRs, because they have become an SUV company and there appears no prospect of new high performance 4wd saloons coming along anytime soon.

So I ordered an E63S, with a suggested delivery in January 18. January came along, and with little solid information coming from the dealer I contacted AMG customer service, and received assurance of a mid-Feb build. So mid-Feb I disposed of the XFR, only to be told days later that the mid-Feb build had moved to late February. I later received confirmation from the dealer that the car was indeed built late February.

Enquiries today reveal that the car is in fact not built, and I have been given a new build date of March 23rd.

At best this might be classed as incompetence, but I rather fear I am being lied to. Not a good start with Mercedes.

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
I'd be very interested in any updates on this.

Back in mid August I decided to desert Jaguar after 19 years with XFRs and XJRs, because they have become an SUV company and there appears no prospect of new high performance 4wd saloons coming along anytime soon.

So I ordered an E63S, with a suggested delivery in January 18. January came along, and with little solid information coming from the dealer I contacted AMG customer service, and received assurance of a mid-Feb build. So mid-Feb I disposed of the XFR, only to be told days later that the mid-Feb build had moved to late February. I later received confirmation from the dealer that the car was indeed built late February.

Enquiries today reveal that the car is in fact not built, and I have been given a new build date of March 23rd.

At best this might be classed as incompetence, but I rather fear I am being lied to. Not a good start with Mercedes.

Hi Nick. My build date has slipped to 23/03 now too. Livid.

The only solution is a march on Stuttgart, via Affalterbach. We demand answers!!!

snipez999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18MY E63S AMG W213
Another buyer with the dreaded Friday production date LOL.
I’m Monday 26 March so it must be true?!?

wivenhoe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2018 E Class E350e plug in hybrid
I ordered my E350e and paid a deposit last May. Order said ‘non binding delivery’ September. Sept came and told problems with widescreen & driving assistance so will be before Xmas. Xmas will be here by 1st March and was. I held on because I got a very good deal, they also paid only £ 1k less on my C350e px in March to amount agreed for Sept.

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
I ordered my E350e and paid a deposit last May. Order said ‘non binding delivery’ September. Sept came and told problems with widescreen & driving assistance so will be before Xmas. Xmas will be here by 1st March and was. I held on because I got a very good deal, they also paid only £ 1k less on my C350e px in March to amount agreed for Sept.

10 months?? Gulp.

NickE63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Nick. My build date has slipped to 23/03 now too. Livid.

The only solution is a march on Stuttgart, via Affalterbach. We demand answers!!!
My original timeframe of January was apparently dictated by the availability of the 'night pack' incidentally.

Anyone hearing any rumours that Merc have been struggling with 'a problem' with this car - hence no new ones made after the initial dealer batch?

Monday

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL400 2016, CLS350 2020
[QUOTE="E63S, post: 1590694, member: 85764"]What is the general consensus on the accuracy of MB build dates and delivery times?

I have a car on order (ordered just before Christmas for dealer delivery mid Feb and collection 1st March. That is obviously predicated on the change of registration year but I do not actually have a confirmed build date yet. After 6 or so MB's though, I have found the quoted dates pretty reliable [crosses fingers!].

The car above (E300 Coupe) was built and delivered on time for 1 March collection - except I did not collect it until 3 March because of the weather.

NickE63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Considering their inability to make any E63S over the last six odd months, it seems odd they suddenly build (at least) 3 for the UK market within 2 working days! I feel I'm being fed lines, and if there was anything else out there of a similar spec I would have cancelled my order already.

snipez999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18MY E63S AMG W213
Anyone hearing any rumours that Merc have been struggling with 'a problem' with this car - hence no new ones made after the initial dealer batch?
I had a suspicion, way back in May when I was first looking at the model. The dealer was going to loan me one for a few days, but when it came back in from previous tester they said the dash was lit up like a Xmas tree and the car had to go back. They never bothered calling me again, so I took my business elsewhere (and I'm still waiting).

NickE63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I still have no delivery date for my E63S, despite 18th April being 8 months since my order. I have requested a delivery date at the highest level within MB Europe, and I have been answered with evasiveness and platitudes:

'Unfortunately there are currently delays on cars being released from Sindelfingen due to a block at the factory. During this block further quality assurance checks are being completed on cars being manufactured from this plant. These checks are in place to ensure that all cars are being manufactured to our standards. Once there is an update on when you can expect the delivery of your new Mercedes E 63 AMG S Mercedes-Benz ......... will contact you' 12th April

'Unfortunately we are still unable to confirm the expected delivery date for the car due to a block at the factory in Sindelfingen. What we can say is that the car is due to have its final checks on the 19th April 2018. Following this the car will then start to make its way to the United Kingdom.' 16th April

'Regarding your question as to whether you will be advised when the car has passed the quality control, our information is not transmitted in this way. The next information we will receive is a date where the car is expected at the port for transportation to the United Kingdom.' 17th April

So to summarise - since joining this board on 13th March, I have no better idea of when my car will be delivered. I'll get it when I get it. I hope the car is 5 star, because the customer service is pitiful.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom